Singular Stitches: And a happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

And a happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

The past two days, we experienced what has been called the Valentine's Day Storm of 2007. Yay.

Tuesday came the snow, not like what New Yorkers have experienced, but a healthy 8 inches of snow. Snow I like.




DH being, well, DH...






Tuesday night brought sleet and freezing rain. Ice I do NOT like.

Unfortunately, this picture is blurry, but is does show what the snow looked like after getting freezing rain. It actually looked like Styrofoam. You can see the light from the lamps reflecting off the surface.




Both Tuesday and Wednesday, I worked from home. The kitties loved having Mummy and Daddy home. And don't they have the perfect solution for weathering out the storm?



BTW, that is the afghan I've been working on. It's completed, and I'll try to post a picture when the cats aren't using it. :o)


DH did try to put a positive spin on things, commenting that at least we spent all of Valentine's Day together...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the colors in your afghan - and the kitties modeling it makes it look sooooo comfy cozy. :)

Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That snow looks like fun! We got mostly ice. :(

Thursday, February 15, 2007 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger ~ stitchwitched ~ said...

I just had to write to thank you for posting pictures of your kitties. Your Abner reminds me so much of a little redheaded girl I've been missing for a couple of years now, but every time I see an Abner picture, I smile. So thank you!

Friday, February 16, 2007 3:06:00 AM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

Oh, to be a cat. That looks like such a comfortable place. :)

Friday, February 16, 2007 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Laci said...

The snow looks so pretty, something like what we've got here, but that picture of it with the freezing rain - EWWWWW!

Love the afghan, looks nice and comfy and love the kitties modeling it!

Friday, February 16, 2007 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

The kitties definitely have the right idea! Glad you and dh didn't have to venture out to work in it. Hope the worst has past now! :D

Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Hey Sweetie

Thanks ever so much for dropping by and thanks for the belated birthday wishes. I'm sorry I've not visited your blog more - I will try to rectify it now. Boy, when you get snow, you get SNOW don't you?? We had snow in Notts a couple of weeks ago, but we got about an inch, which then got washed away by rain the next day - what rubbish! We never seem to get the 'stay at home' snow like we used to. Aww you're puddys look snug and bedded down underneath your splendid looking afghan! You clever lady - would love to see a better picture of it - I await it with anticipation! Lots of hugs to you and puddy cats xxx

Sunday, February 18, 2007 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home