Singular Stitches: A restful holiday indeed

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A restful holiday indeed

I don't know about where you all are, but for the first day back, it's pretty subdued here at work. Everyone seems to need some time to ease into being in something other than PJs and bunny slippers.

I was actually in the week between Christmas and New Years, but that almost doesn't count, because it's kind of like the tree thing: if there was no one there to see you work (or not), did you really (not) work? :o)


Our time off was spent not doing a whole lot. It was glorious! Although, in an unexpected cleaning fit, I was able to trick DH into some housework just before the new year. I got tired of sticking to the kitchen floor. (because stitching is much more fun than housework!) I was so ambitious, I even took off the cover at the bottom of the fridge, and sucked out enough cat hair to just about knit up a third cat!


DH and I don't exchange gifts, but Santa (a la Mum & Dad) brought me some green stuff so I got a 120G external hard drive for my laptop. Ok, I know, not very exciting, but what can I say, I'm an electronics nerd. My laptop HD is only 30G (Remember when we thought 10M was a lot??) and the remaining space was quickly filling up with music/audio books/podcasts for my iPod (which is 80G). The external drive is now my iPod library.


While I was setting up my new toy, I had plenty of time to do some stitching:

Flora probably got the majority of my time:




I also started a new project, Ye Olde Coffee House (Little House Needleworks):




My RR is back from it's tour of the globe! Wendy was the last to work on it (and really tore it up!) so that I received it just before Christmas Day. I'm counting it as a Christmas present!



Thanks a bunch to Anne, Vash and Wendy for a wonderful RR!!!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how Fairy Flora has grown. Wonderful stitching. Lovely RR too.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great progress on Flora! Love your new start too. Your RR came out fantastic - what a wonderful piece!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

My, you've been stitching like mad on Flora, haven't you?!?!? I wish I could get "in the groove" like that with Miras. *sigh* She looks great!!!

DH and I SAID no gifts, since we have 3 weddings to attend that involve some significant travel this year....but he just HAD to have that new Canon Digital Rebel XT, didn't he??? To take good pics at the weddings, of course!! LOL But he returned the favor with a puzzle box containing a coupon for a $500 jewelry shopping spree, to be used for new pretties to wear to said weddings. hehehe

I "worked" last week, too. Or at least, I was AT work..... ;D

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:08:00 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Flora is beautiful and The LHN's one should be fun. The RR came out great. Take it easy on the work thing. Happy New Year, CJ

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You've made some great progress on Flora! I'm so glad you are happy with the RR, it really turned out well.

Happy New Year!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow look at all that stitching! Is your needle burning yet? LOL What a wonderful thing to get for xmas. I love your RR, what are your plans for it?

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger SimoneladybugKnits said...

Love your stitching projects :-)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Of course, your stitching is fabulous. What I'm impressed with is your external hard drive, lol! My dh has one around here somewhere for me, he's just been lazy and not hooked it all up yet for me. Gotta get that done! :D

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping in at my blog! I love the four seasons stitching - too cool!

Thursday, January 04, 2007 7:32:00 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

Thanks for visiting my blog ! How in earth did you find it ?? I didin´t know that I have any english speaking readers. I started to write in english just to practise it again.
I love your works ! Especially Flora is so beautiful ! Keep up the good work !

Friday, January 05, 2007 4:29:00 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Marika, I was blog-hopping. It's how I've found many, many wonderful blogs (like yours! :o)

Friday, January 05, 2007 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Flora looks gorgeous. Love your RR, too!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Ok I'm impressed that you got your RR back AND that it looks so nice!!

and Flora is BEAUTIFUL!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home