Singular Stitches: Sylvie saves the day!!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sylvie saves the day!!

I looked at the date of my last post. I really have been in hibernation mode! I'm surprised that Blogger recognized me!

It's been so cold, with highs in the teens (F) and lows around 0F. We've pretty much come home from work and curled up under a cover with a book (and a cat or two). Good old Punxsutawney Phil had better be right or we're voting him off the island!

I haven't even felt like cross stitching! (you know it's bad!)


A while back, I signed up for the Crazy Cat Lady Exchange at the Robin's Nest. The person who was supposed to stitch for me went MIA. Sylvie, the moderator for this exchange, kindly became my 'exchange angel' and I recently received her lovely package. The stitched pieces are cushion covers! Adorable! She also included a stitching kit of a kitty that looks like Itchey (I had just seen that kit online recently and was planning to get it!) and an Abner-themed dish towel for the kitchen.




She even included goodies for the kitties...

Here's Abner with Francois (so named by DH). And yes, those are my flannel cat paw PJs I made a number of years ago. The buttons on the top are alternating black and ginger cats... (why, yes, I AM a Crazy Cat Lady! :o)



And Itchey playing with another goodie...




Thanks, Slyvie! This was worth the wait!! :o)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome, my friend. I'm sorry you had to wait so long to receive your exchange, but at least you received something :)

I'm glad you like your gifts. Great pictures of the kitties with their goodies :)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 1:39:00 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I am so sorry your partner flaked out on you. A big thanks to Sylvie for filling the void she left. :)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes, I hate people that do that. Thank goodness you had an angel there with you. :o)

Your kitties look happy.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am so glad you finally got an exchange. Sylvie is so wonderful! Beautiful goodies!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Wow, what a gorgeous package to receive in the mail - all those kitty goodies! Love your blog, it is full of all the things I like!

Sunday, February 18, 2007 6:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home