Singular Stitches: Bye, bye, Birdie

Friday, January 05, 2007

Bye, bye, Birdie

Also over the holiday, I worked on Vash's RR. Aren't the designs adorable?? They're freebies from Vermillion (can't find the site right now, but they're out there somewhere...).



The Painted Bunting is the bird I'm stitching. (It was so hard to choose!!) Here's a closeup of my square:



I'm planning to get him done this weekend for a Monday mailing.


Thank you for all the sweet comments about Flora. She's been a dream to stitch, but I'm also trying to cram all the wild, unabandoned stitching in that I can before classes start up again this coming Monday.


Last term I got an A in my Intro to Industrial Engineering class and a B in my Statistics for Engineers class. I was a bit disappointed with the B, but (and I'm not making any excuses), the math overwhelmed me. It was a lot more calculus based math than the Statistics class I took for my MBA. I love calculus (in the immortal words of Wierd Al, 'Do vector calculus just for fun...'), but, as they say, use it or lose it...and I have.

This term, I'm taking Database Management (SQL, here I come!!!!! :o). I am really looking forward to this class. In my daily work, I extensively use Microsoft Access for business analysis and forecasting orders from our Oracle system. I'm an Engineer, so I do have programming in my blood, but nothing like that of an IT Developer. I've really hit boundaries using Access' GUI for queries, and know I could do a lot more (and more easily) entirely creating a query using SQL and not the GUI. Can you tell I'm excited? :o)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.vsccs.com/charts/FreeCharts.html is the link straight to their freebies. Beware of the music. ;)

You go girl with the Database Management class. I'm sure that you'll do well and enjoy learning SQL, as well. It's powerful and logical; a brilliant combination.

Friday, January 05, 2007 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bird you're stitching.

Friday, January 05, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your classes last term - I'm sure the Database class will be great - I love database work :) Keep up the great work! :)

Friday, January 05, 2007 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

Congrats on your A, that is awesome!!! The birds are beautiful. Ann.

Friday, January 05, 2007 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

The birds are coming out lovely!

Congratulations on your grades! I don't understand all the other stuff with the 'letters'. I guess I'll stick with working with numbers and money! :-)

Friday, January 05, 2007 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

The birdie is looking very nice! Congrats on your A and B ~ if only my son could get those grades!!

Friday, January 05, 2007 8:49:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute RR. Congrats on getting that A everyone strives for. :)

Saturday, January 06, 2007 4:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THe birds are beautiful!

BTW, Happy New Year ;)

Saturday, January 06, 2007 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great job on your part of Vash's RR. It looks fantastic!

Good luck with your next class!!

Saturday, January 06, 2007 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Vash said...

It's looking really good Lyne, I can't wait to see them all home. Thanks for stitching on my RR.

Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love the colors in your bird the best but they are really all beautiful. Happy Stitching, CJ

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Congrats on last semester's classes! Your RR finish looks really good. I like the Vermillion bird freebies.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great round robin. I bet Vash will love it.

Congrats on the A AND the B in last terms classes!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home