Singular Stitches: Dainty Bess (AKA The Mum Scarf)

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dainty Bess (AKA The Mum Scarf)

For the past week, my lunch hours have been dedicated to knitting away at the Mum Scarf to finish her up in time for Santa. And yesterday, at 1:10pm (don't tell my boss! ;o), I made the last bind-off stitch.




Last night, with two overly ambitious felines supervising, I hand washed it, pressed out the excess water and blocked it on my Craftatorium floor, letting it lay out all night with the ceiling fan on high (and door firmly closed to keep out two curious onlookers).

For those non-knitter folk, blocking means I pinned down the edges, stretching it out, and letting it dry that way.


Here she is in her full glory:



And a closeup of the design:




The Details:
Re-started: August 25, 2006
Completed: December 20, 2006
Pattern: Elizabeth I Scarves, Dainty Bess design (from Knit Picks)
Yarn: Alpaca Cloud, one hank (in Smoke, also from Knit Picks)
Needles: Addi Natura Size 4 (as with my DSis's shawl, I did NOT like these needles)
Blocked Size: 10" X 72"


I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was my very first attempt at knitting lace (I started it before starting DSis's shawl), and I think I'm hooked! I have the same yarn, but in a soft pink colorway, that I also bought. Now I have to decide on a lace project for me! :o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is absolutely gorgeous, Lynn! Your mum is going to flip when she sees it. VERY well done. :)

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your DH!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful scarf! I'm sure your mother will love it. Merry Christmas!

Friday, December 22, 2006 7:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home