Singular Stitches: An update with a past

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

An update with a past

First up, on Monday, I worked on Purr-Pals. I was hoping to get the black kitty done during lunch, but found that I left my #310 somewhere that I wasn't, so I finished the black thread I had started and began the grass.

Purr Pals - 1-11-06

For all you multitaskers: Combine the excitement of cross stitch, the fun of exercise and the entertainment of a movie!! Monday night, I was continuing on the grass part of Purr-Pals, working those abs on my balance ball while watching a really good Victorian murder mystery (Masterpiece Theater - The Blackheath Poisonings. Madam Hooch from Harry Potter was in it.)

Last night, I worked on Santa of the Forest. Now there's a story behind this WIP. It's old enough that it's reached puberty, so it's old enough to have a past... I started this design a LONG time ago (maybe '96 or '97), and happily stiched away on Mr. Bear's face until I noticed (after he was mostly complete) that he was oriented incorrectly on my fabric.

He was Landscape while he should have been Portrait!

It was way too much to rip out, so it became a present for the garbage men. I didn't start that design again until some time in 2001, making positively sure that he was oriented in the correct direction. (Don't you wish life had an UNDO button???) I love that design, so when I picked up cross stitch recently, that made it into the Rotation Queue.

Santa of the Forest - 1-11-06

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Hi SS! I've just recently found your blog and am enjoying it! I'm very impressed with your multitasking talents!! I really need to work on that - think you can do a video to sell to all us sedentary stitchers, lol!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

Lynn, love your blog! I hope Santa of the Forest doesn't have much trouble getting through puberty, LOLOLOL!!! Love your sense of humor. Seriously, I already love the look of the bear.

Also, knowing how I love my kitties (and you love yours), I love to see kitty stitching like Purr-Pals. I didn't know Homespun Elegance had this pattern, so you know I'll be looking for it ;-)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home