Singular Stitches: 2 For 1 Bonus!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

2 For 1 Bonus!

I found a really cool free alternative online Knitting Magazine, called The AntiCraft. My sister asked me to make her the Snowball's Chance in Hell Armwarmers.

I was working on the right armwarmer today, thinking, 'Cool, I'll have some neat-o knitting to display on the blog', when I realized that 'Hey, I have some neat-o cross stitch, too!'

You see, while knitting the arm warmer, there are six motifs to cross stitch along it, a snowflake morphing to a skull. I knitted just enough rows to add the first image. It took a bit longer than I thought it would, because the blue yarn kept getting caught on the points of the DPNs. So, here is my knitting AND cross stitch for the day:

Snowball's Chance - 1-12-03

Here's a closeup of the stitching:

Snowflake closeup

For these armwarmers, I'm using Lion Brand Wool Ease Sportweight yarn in Fisherman and Blue Mist (the blue is really cool, because it has some subtle pink and green to it) on US#3 DPNs. I'm not sure how this will work as I come to the fingers, because my row gauge is bigger than what's called for in the pattern, so I've been working the stitches a bit tight to make up for it. My stitch gauge, however, is dead on. We'll see how things go. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

Glad to see that you are alive and well. I was begining to worry about you!!! Your cross stitching is beautiful and so is your knitting.

Have a great Friday, Lynn

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home