Singular Stitches: Warm toesies

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Warm toesies

I usually keep a pair of socks on the needles at all times because it's such a portable project. I started the sock below probably some time back in February, and it's still going and going and going...



I'm using size 0 DPNs, so each round knitted adds *maybe* 1/8 inch to the length. The yarn is a superwash wool from Lorna's Laces in the colorway Mother Lode. (And I still have it's mate to knit!)


I've always been an emotional eater, with stress and boredom my top eating emotions. During last school term, I've gained a portion of my -20 pounds back (can I claim it to the Freshman 15?? :o), so I decided to get back up, dust myself off and start again. I got an early birthday present to help things out.



It's amazing how many muscles I don't normally use!

8 Comments:

Blogger ollie1976 said...

good luck with the WL-I've also gained a lot of what I had lost.
-Jen

Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, May 18, 2007 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I got out of my exercise groove thanks to the wisdom tooth removal....finally went to the gym again last night. Ow!!

That is a very pretty sock.

Friday, May 18, 2007 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger Carto said...

Hey there Sweetie.

I can identify with how you feel totally. I eat when I'm stressed or bored too and it can be the bane of my life sometimes, but you'll lose it all again. Wow what a pressie. I would love to know when your Birthday is - I'd like to send you a little something. Chin up, and lots of hugs to you and your lovely furbabies xxx

Friday, May 18, 2007 4:04:00 PM  
Blogger prajantr said...

I love the clors in your sock. :)

I empathisize with the emotional eating too - it's difficult to pull out of the slump and get back to the activity you need to lose weight. But I'm betting you'll start feeling better really soon - endorphins and energy and everything. I'll be cheerign for you. :)

Monday, May 21, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love that sock. LOL. I hope that your exercise plan is going well. I really need to get some myself. It's terrible how easy it is to get in a rut of sitting on your tush all day and night. That's where I am!

Monday, May 21, 2007 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Os???? Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I knit with size 1s but now I can say I know someone crazier! LOL Lovely colors in your sock. Patti

Monday, May 21, 2007 6:23:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Patti, you'd be surprised at how much fun knitting on 0s are. (really!) But, of course, that doesn't mean I'm not crazier!! :o)

Friday, May 25, 2007 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home