Singular Stitches: I get by with a little help from my friends...

Sunday, August 12, 2007

I get by with a little help from my friends...

With the help of Knitting in Plain English, The Knitting Answer Book, some paper, a pen, and my trusty HP calculator (Inverse Polish Notation rules!)...



...Mum's Cardi now has buttonholes. All knitting is complete and all I have to do is weave in about a gazillion yarn ends and sew on the buttons. Originally, I was going to use six buttons, but since this sweater is meant more as a jacket I went with seven so the buttons would be a little closer together. (Keeping Mum warm and cozy)




And I wanted to share some yarny goodness that showed up on my doorstep yesterday. Six balls of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK to make Grumperina's Shifting Sands scarf as a birthday present for MIL (It's in early December, but it never hurts to get an early start)



Here's a better closeup of the soft blue color:

6 Comments:

Blogger Myrna said...

The sweater looks fabulous!! And, what a yummy shade of blue the Debbie Bliss yarn is! Happy Knitting!

Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely sweater! And I'm so jealous of your alpaca silk yarn! I want! LOL

Monday, August 13, 2007 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger prajantr said...

Oh! Alpaca silk - it must feel incredible.

And the sweater is turning out so nice too. :)

Monday, August 13, 2007 9:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the buttons that you used. Your mom is going to love the sweater. Congrats on the near finish! And the color of yarn you picked for your MIL's scarf is gorgeous!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

The sweater looks great, I agree that 7 buttons would keep her warmer. :)
I. Love. Alpaca. Silk. Coveting your yarn right now...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Your Mums cardi looks lovely.

Joanne

Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home