Singular Stitches: My tattoo

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My tattoo

Sylvie shared her tattoo on her blog and so I'll share mine too.



It's on my inside left ankle and it's a Celtic knot of three entwined cats. It's not obvious, but if you start from the outside at one of the three little hooks, which are the end of the cats' tails and follow one back in, you can see them. The very center is where their front paws meet.

I got it about four years ago, and it was my sister who got me to stop thinking about it and actually get one (she has 5). It didn't hurt much more than plucking eyebrows and after a while, the area went numb.

I like that it's not obvious, and at work, it's fun to see the look on someone's face when they realize that I have one. (I guess I just really, really look like I wouldn't have one. It's my personal form of rebellion from my Surburban Soccer Mom persona. I want to get another, but I'm not entirely sure what and where. I have seen a really cool shaded pencil design that looks 3D of a gargoyle. Maybe a shaded gargoyle on my back hip...

If you've got a tattoo and want to share, please post a picture and it's story on your blog!

3 Comments:

Blogger ollie1976 said...

very cool tattoo-I'll try to post mine later on tonight.
-Jen

Friday, July 20, 2007 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Very cool - I love it!

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a cool tattoo, I love the design.

I understand what you mean about people's face when they realize you have one. It seems I look like I wouldn't have one too, because their reaction the same LOL

Friday, July 20, 2007 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home