Singular Stitches: A little Gelato, anyone?

Friday, August 03, 2007

A little Gelato, anyone?



Gelato is knit with two strands of worsted weight wool on US#11 circular needles, so it's a very fast knit. You're looking at the body of the bag, which is done, and only the straps and flap are left to knit. The bottom is open, so before felting, I'll need to sew that closed too.

I just might have to knit myself one of these...

Since Mum's, DSis's and my birthdays are all mid-to-late-August, we typically get together once to celebrate all three (too many calories otherwise). This year, we're celebrating with a fun night out at a local minor league baseball game. This means the 'due date' for my birthday knitting projects (Gelato for DSis and Mum's Cardigan for Mum) is August 25th.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Love the color of this yarn - it really does look like Gelato! My birthday is the 22nd of August, when is yours?

Friday, August 03, 2007 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger samplerknn said...

Great blog!! Thanks for visiting mine!
I Love these little bags. Wish I had time for just one more hobby. (Actually retirement is the wish I wish for!!)

Karen

Friday, August 03, 2007 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger prajantr said...

The bag is working up to look very cute! The color is great too. :)

Saturday, August 04, 2007 8:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home