Singular Stitches: The New Fall Rotation Lineup (picture heavy)

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The New Fall Rotation Lineup (picture heavy)

It's been a great while since I've followed a stitching rotation. I had one, then Fairy Flora got in the way, and well, you know, that was a runaway romance that's run it's course for now.

I was doing some straightening and came across more of my very old stash and put togehter some 'golden oldies' along with some newer projects to make up my 'New and Improved' fall rotation.

First up, The Prayer by Moiria Blackburn (I just love the sentiment, perfect for the one who doesn't like bumps in the night - me):

"Lord keep us safe this night, secure from all our fears. May angels guard us while we sleep till morning light appears."



And my starting progress, which is from maybe five years ago:




#2 is Batch of Pumpkins by Homespun Elegance, also started a number of years ago. Autumn is my favorite season (and not far away). In anticipation of changing leaves, cool nights, hot apple cider, and of course 'cuddle weather', I wanted something fall-ish:



And so far:




#3 is one I started for DH in the very early 90's (DBF back then). The Eagle Has Landed from the booklet Reach for the Stars from Stoney Creek. It's done on black fabric, so I'm sure you'll understand why it's taken so long. Poor DH picked it out and has never said anything about never getting it, so I figured it was time to finish it for him.



Where I'll be starting:




#4 is Liberty Hill In by Little House Needleworks. I've been seeing so many LHN designs popping up on so many other stitchers' blogs, and I love their designs, that I wanted to add one to my rotation:



I haven't started it yet, so there's no progress to show.


#5 is Home is Where the Cat is from Margaret Sherry. I've recently started this so you've seen it before. I really like it and so it made the cut.



And my starting progress:




And rounding out my rotation at #6, is another Golden Oldie, Santa of the Forest from Lavender & Lace:



And here he is from when he and I last met:




I like to get into a project, so I think I'll work on each one a week, then switch onto the next one for a week, and so on. Of course, knitting Christmas presents will occasionally pre-empt as it gets closer to the holidays, and the time to complete things ticks down to zero...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great rotation. A really good mix of styles and topics.

I look forward to seeing your progress on them.

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

You have a nice rotation going on!! I LOVE Margaret Sherry! Which is funny since I dont seem to own anything by her. I'm looking forward to seeing progress on all 6 of them!

Monday, July 30, 2007 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

Great rotation-good luck!
-Jen

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great choices for your rotation, you should have some quick finishes with a couple of those. I love Liberty Hill Inn and have it on my "to do" list!

Monday, July 30, 2007 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Nice mix of projects for your rotation, good luck with it.

Joanne

Sunday, August 05, 2007 7:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home