Singular Stitches: Santa takes a rest

Monday, August 13, 2007

Santa takes a rest



Sorry about the blurry picture - it must have been before my morning coffee! :o)

I finished up working with the Santa of the Forest stop in my Rotation this past Sunday. Now that I'm following a rotation, I should have been working on my next project, but we had some movies to watch, and I wanted something I could do on overdrive.

We watched Miss Potter, an adaption of the life of Beatrix Potter with Renee Zellweger. 5-star Chick Flick. Excellent movie, but you'll need kleenex.

And we also watched Thunderpants. No surprise here that DH added this one to the queue. It was...interesting, but kind of cute. A kid with uncontrollable flatulence saves the world. Rupert Grint (Ronald Weasley) was one of the main characters (not the one with flatulence) and there were a smattering of other English actors. This is a must watch for goofy adolescents and goofy adolescent husbands.


To close out the evening, we watched an episode from a new English mystery series I found at the library, The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries which is a series of mysteries (PBS Mystery!) solved by a lady, divorced (gasp!), and educated in criminology (double gasp!) back in the 1920's starring Diana Rigg as Mrs. Bradley. Very good, and very English - right up my alley.

This was a little lighter than the movies, so I started up the next project in my rotation, Liberty Hill Inn, from Little House Needleworks. There's not all that much excitement (more time was spent getting the floss and general new project preparations), but here it is:



Aren't you excited? ;O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol cute bear. He looks like 'SuperBear' in a red cape don't you think?

Monday, August 13, 2007 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

LHN projects are great to stitch... I need to take some progress pics of mine!

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:30:00 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

My hubby and kids would love Thunderpants, anything related to flatulence always invokes a giggle from them.

Joanne

Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home