Singular Stitches: You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone...

Sunday, January 15, 2006

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone...

Or, in my case, 'You just don't know what you've got PERIOD'. I didn't get a bunch of stitching done this weekend, but I did discover a huge box of Xstitch stash from before my Great Cross Stitch Hiatus of 2002-2006. I'm glad I did, because I've got way too many projects in states of completeness to do any stash enhancement. (I think I really did keep my old LNS in business!)

I took a select few (maybe 15) and brought them down into the Ladies' Stitching Parlour. (There are a BUNCH more still up in the box)

Stash Organization

I did find that I had purchased The Best of Teresa Wentzler a few years ago. I totally forgot that I had this. So, I think my next new start (like I really need another project started!) is going to be the Harvest Sampler.

Harvest Sampler

This will look perfect in the dining room, which sorely needs something on the walls. I was planning to do Fairy Flora by Mirabilia for my Ladies' Parlour, but I've already got the Floral Bellpull started for that room, so I'll hold off on the Fairy until I can no longer stand it for now.

And lastly, we watched Midsomer Murders (the first without Troy, bummer! :o( ) on Biography this evening, and I got some more done on Snapperville. (Click on the pic to see it bigger and it will be clearer)

Snapperville 1-15-06

I also realized that I've really messed up The Rotation. Big Time. (Or, Snapperville has some sort of magnetic draw on me) So, starting tomorrow, 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good will follow The Rotation'.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on the stash mountain! LOL! I've been cataloguing mine, and I could open an LNS too ;)

Monday, January 16, 2006 6:06:00 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

What do you say we go into business together?? LOL! I am ashamed of all the stash I have-but I did do most of my collecting when I worked for my LNS and got it for such wonderful prices with a 40% employee discount, that I couldn't pass it up...that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Can you e-mail me please??

Monday, January 16, 2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Snapperville is looking great! Ooooh a TW I want to stitch another TW soon!

Monday, January 16, 2006 7:51:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That TW sampler is beautiful. Excellent progress on Snapperville.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

How wonderful to find forgotten stash! I look forward to seeing your TW Harvest Sampler progress - I adore her designs :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home