Singular Stitches: Bye bye, Baby...

Friday, August 04, 2006

Bye bye, Baby...

Yes, I'm still here. I really am. I've been out and about visiting other blogs as I've had a chance, but I haven't had much time to be crafty or blog about it. I guess the Dog Days of Summer nipped me on the bottom and I've been busy taking care of life's other activities besides cross stitch or knitting!

Once upon a time, a car followed me home from the dealer's lot. His name is Ricky (in deference to Rick Tocchet ). He was a total impulse buy that I never regretted. He's a 1995 Taurus SHO. Ricky saw me through moving in with DH (then SO), bringing home the kitties, my first (and only) speeding ticket, my engagement, my first (and only) auto accident, wedding, and our first house (to name a few). He's been an awesome car, but the time has come for Ricky to ride off into the sunset...

Yes, I'm totally aware that it's a car, so before you all email me names of really good doctors, I'm not totally off my rocker. After 11 years (can't believe I've had the same car that long!), we've covered a lot of history (over 120,000 miles worth).

LYNNCAR

Not entirely sure what my next car will be. My vote is for a Viper, but DH would prefer to see me in something a bit slower, like a Schwinn! :o) For, the past two weeks, DH and I have been knee deep in car research (which is why I haven't been really crafty). I'm eating, sleeping and breathing car details. Test drives are tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the long process of purchasing a new vehicle. It took Terry and I quite a while to even decide to buy a new car and then a little bit longer to figure out that we wanted the Honda Civic Hybrid. That baby's getting some good mileage on her already!

And no, I don't think you're crazy for being attached to your car. The one I stopped using when we bought the Honda was the first car I ever had. Bought and paid for with my own money, straight out of college. I'm a little attached to her. :)

Friday, August 04, 2006 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

I'm glad I'm not alone. It's like parting ways with a good friend... :o)

Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home