Singular Stitches: Knit, knit, stitch, sew...

Monday, July 17, 2006

Knit, knit, stitch, sew...

The Dog Days of Summer are upon us, and as the local weatherman said, 'You almost have to chew the air before you breathe it...'

Ugh! I'm definitely an Autumn/Winter girl. I'll gladly take a snowstorm over humid weather any day.

let_it_snow_3

This lovely scene, courtesy of Mother Nature, was taken from my sewing room window this past winter, right after a snow squall. Brrrrr!


Well, what's a girl to do? Wear the least amount of clothing decently possible and craft away the weekend. Which is exactly what I did!

I got a little further on my socks, completing one of the Fixation anklets, starting the second and on the home stretch of my lace sock.

PICT0463

BTW, I received my order from Knit Picks this weekend. Their DPNs are very nice. I was originally looking to purchase INOX DPNs which have very sharp points, perfect for working lace socks, but came across the ones at Knit Picks. They were a few cets more than INOX needles, but I had some other items I wanted to purchase, so was able to take take advantage of their free shipping. I bought US# 1, 2, and 3 6" DPNs. I'm very happy with them, and put them straight to work as you can see in both pics. OK, end of commercial...

PICT0465


Sock work was done while watching The Libertine. It was, well....odd. I have no idea how historically acurate it is, but Johnny Depp (That should be a tip off right there that it's not going to be a normal movie! And I do like Johnny Depp, BTW) plays the Earl of Rochester. The Earl likes his drink and women. A lot. He writes a play for the King (John Malkovich - another clue it's going to be an odd movie) that's pretty much based on phallic symbols. His wild lifestyle eventually leads him to an early demise. I am fairly open-minded, so I wasn't shocked or offended. It was just a very odd movie. Another one of those movies that Netflix needs to have a rating option of 'Wierd'.


I also worked on Wendy's RR piece while watching another installment of A Fine Romance.

PICT0460


And I finished up some sewing projects. The plaid top is a sleeveless tank (Simplicity 5463) to sleep in and the other is a plain, A-line, tea-length skirt in a khaki woven linen-look fabric (Butterick 3530). I also cut out another skirt of the same pattern, in a navy blue stretch twill so imagine the khaki skirt in navy with out the waistband and side seams...

PICT0470

We actually ventured out this weekend, to of all places, JoAnn Fabrics (don't I have my priorities in the proper order!) where I found some fabric and pre-washed it this weekend as well. The red, white and blue fabric and the cami-newts are for Dad's running pants. (No, we didn't find any frogs) I couldn't resist the kitty fabric for a pair of boxer shorts. (which are for me!)

And wasn't DH just the sweetie? Before I knew it, he took my fabric out of the dryer, folded it (neatly!) and placed it up on my sewing table. Awwww, I think I'll keep him! :o)

PICT0473

4 Comments:

Blogger Carto said...

Wow look at all this wonderful stuff! Is there no end to your talents?! You're DH sounds lovely - I'm lucky if mine ever walked past the washer or the dryer - might never find out now.

Thanks for the tip about dusting the USB connection. I'm going to try it out and give it a shot, see how it goes. I'll let you know if I'm successful. Thanks again and have a good day! x

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you ever so much for the snow!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I vastly prefer cold weather myself, as well. Your socks are looking great!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Thanks for sharing that wonderfully chilly photo! I really need that today as it's 110 degrees. :D

Great socks! Really admire all you wonderful knitters. :D

Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home