Singular Stitches: I don't like Mondays...

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I don't like Mondays...

Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
I want to shoot…the whole day down


Remember Sir Bob Geldof and The Boomtown Rats (who also was half the mastermind behind Band Aid)? He, in his infinite poetic genius, eloquently captured my feelings about Mondays.


This weekend, I managed to lose all of Friday evening and most of Saturday morning. I was feeling really dull-witted all day Friday and just couldn't do anything right. DH and I skipped out early (we work at the same company, same site), around 3pm, did Chinese takeout and I went up to take a nap around 5pm. Except for the hour I went down to watch TV from 3:40am-4:40am (where I learned all about water sheds on The Weather Channel), I pretty much slept through to 10:30am Saturday morning. I think the past week of dew points around 73F finally got to me.

Mother Nature showed some pity this weekend, because the humidity went way down, enough to open the windows! I almost forgot what fresh air actually felt like!


Saturday afternoon I got a bit more done on Wendy's RR piece while watching the last episodes of A Fine Romance. (They're all gone now. :o( We'll have to find another BBC series.)

PICT0495


I also finished my Fixation socks:

PICT0499


And, I started MIL's Feather and Fan scarf while watching Stage Beauty Saturday night. I just love doing lace. After I get a few more lace projects in, I want to tackle something more complicated - a lace shawl like this, this, or this...

PICT0501


I actually saw evidence that my neighbors are all still alive! Our normally very active street has looked like a ghost town, with everyone tucked into their air-conditioned homes, only venturing out in their air-conditioned cars, to air-conditioned stores. Today, I saw joggers, walkers, families on bikes, families walking dogs, people mowing their lawns... My craft-buddy neighbor even came over and we sat out on my deck and knitted!

People! How lovely to see people! I'll never curse the sound of a weed-whacker again!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Sounds like you caught up on some very needed sleep! The humidity definitely affects me the same way.

And yes, I feel the exact same way on Mondays also!

Great work on finishing your socks - love the colour!

Monday, July 24, 2006 7:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks! And I get to see your tattoo, too. :) I certainly hope that this week is cooler and less humid than last.

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

nice anklets. i love fixation socks...so cushy and comfy feeling.

i like admiring other people's yarny purchases from afar as well. i love the pink knitpicks yarn!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home