Singular Stitches: Do you ever wish you could go back?

Monday, July 24, 2006

Do you ever wish you could go back?

This is a philosophical post, with no craftiness...so if you're solely looking for crafty goodness, please refer either to a past post, or perhaps (if I'm feeling less philosophical tomorrow) wait for my next post.

When I was younger (in my mid-teens), I thought about what was the perfect age to be (I think, I think way too much!). At that time, 23 was my answer. You were considered a legal adult by two years. You could do all the things that adults were forever telling you that you were too young to do. The world was your oyster...

23 came and went over a decade ago. It was fine, but nothing stellar happened, like winning the lottery or anything. It wasn't bad, either.

As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate the wisdom of age and being a responsible adult. I've enjoyed every age I've been since 23. But every-so-often, something reminds me of when I was younger (a conversation, a song, a movie, etc), and I want to go home and be the kid again, with kid responsibilities and kid problems.

Today, I cleaned up a hairball first thing this morning, on the way home, I need to stop at Lowe's to get a new ceiling fan, then onto Wal-Mart to pick up milk, decide what to do for dinner and then when I get home, I have to unload the dishwasher and empty the bathroom trashcans and clean out the litterbox...

I want my Mum!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger BeckySC said...

((((hugs))))

Monday, July 24, 2006 9:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The meandering paths that our thoughts can take is fascinating sometimes, isn't it? What you have to remember is that being a kid was pretty difficult at the time, too. Just different. Every age has its own unique challenges. *hug*

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger homespun living said...

There are certainly those moments I would like to go back...knowing everything I do now, of course! But Jenna is right~every age has its challenges.
Debbie

Friday, July 28, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Yeah - I know where you're coming from. It's weird, as I was feeling like that yesterday and do you know what set it off for me? My Sis had bought me a bag of 'Flying Saucer' sweets - do you have them in the US? They are domed rice paper/wafers with sherbet powder in the middle of them - I loved those sweets when I was younger. All I wanted to do was go back to Saturday afternoons, swinging on the swing next to my Sis, talking away whilst guzzling copious amounts of sherbet, with my only worring being when am I going to get my next round of pocket money to get more sweets? Ah, those were the days! x

Monday, July 31, 2006 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

OMG! We *loved* those flying saucer candies!! We'd put one on our tounges and try to wait for the wrapper to dissolve before chewing.

Do they even make those any more?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home