Singular Stitches: Don't throw stones...

Friday, July 21, 2006

Don't throw stones...

sbq
July 20:
Today's SBQ was suggested by Cathy and is:

When you get a project professionally framed do you get glass inserted into the frame? Why or why not?


I absolutely get glass, and the non-glare type. I'm not going to put months of effort into working on a project with extra care not getting it dirty, then leave it totally exposed on my wall to collect dust and cat hair that is floating around because I'm in the Ladies' Parlour stitching rather than doing housekeeping! :o)


I've decided to get started on some gifty stitching for the holidays, so I placed an order from Knit Picks and here's what I have so far...

PICT0462

On the bottom left, I'm making a feather and fan design scarf (a free pattern at Knit Picks) for MIL for her birthday in early December. She loves wide, long scarves so she can totally wrap up her head, keeping out all cold air and drafts... That color, which was absolutely distorted in the picture, is actually a really pretty royal blue called Jewels.

On the bottom right, I'm making some lace scarves for both my Mum and sister. The hank on the left is a soft gray for my Mum, the pink one is for a scarf for me!, and the amethyst one on the far right is for my sister. The pattern has three different patterns, but I haven't decided which design I'm making for whom.

The orange yarn on the top is with the lacy sock pattern is actually for me. A pair of Autumn socks in am pumpkin color.

And it's really killing me because I can't wait to tear into one of these, but I'm not starting any project until I finish one of my current knitting projects. The Fixation socks should be done this weekend, so maybe I'll be able to cast on for one of the scarves. Oooh, I could break something out for a gauge swatch...

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Thinking ahead there and getting ready for the gift-giving season - good for you!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Oh, Christmas in July!! Wonderful you are preparing for the gifts already.

I'm a last minute check writer, LOL

I luv your comment about stitching in the woman's parlour instead of housekeeping. Glass is good for keeping our projects tidy.

Oh well, enjoy the day

Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home