Singular Stitches: Oh, blue eyes...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Oh, blue eyes...

And, no, not Frankie.

We saw Superman Returns last night. We didn't opt for the IMAX 3D version, but it was still good in 2D. The special effects were very cool, and not ridiculously overdone. The universe computer animation during the opening credits were awesome. There was, however, a scene in the beginning where they totally disregard physics and the effects of forces on the human body and airplanes for the sake of a spectacular scene, but we'll cut them slack. Kevin Spacey did Gene Hackman proud as Lex Luther. I would definitely recommend it.

Oh, and Brandon Routh...oh, wow. A definite bonus to the movie. I'm a total sucker for tall, dark haired guys. (good thing for DH!) They did have this ridiculous over-gelled curl of hair on his forehead. What was that childhood rhyme about the girl with the curl on her forehead?

And, I want Lois Lane's house and Lex Luther's boat.


Onto the knitting update:

My commuting project has been Picovoli. I'm about three inches away from starting the decreases that give this top a shaped look, so it's just miles and miles of knit stitches. I enjoy them, but as a visual update to a blog, they're not all that exciting. The neck and arm openings are all rolly right now, but I think I'm going to do a crocheted edge to finish them when it's done.

PICT0455

Also, here's the update to my very first lace anything. Right after the ribbing at the beginning of the lace pattern, I had to rip the stitches out a few many times, but this has been a great learning experience. Heady with my accomplishment so far, I think I'm going to attempt a larger lace project next.

PICT0456

And here's a closeup of the lace pattern:

PICT0457

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your top is looking wonderful, as is your lace project! Keep up the great work. :)

Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:56:00 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Love all your work.
You asked about the ticker. Mine is doing it by itself, but it is with a date, I don;t know how it works with a weightloss. Sorry that I can't help you.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead;
And when she was good
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.
People often used to say that one to me when I was a little girl because I have curly hair!
Great progress on your knitting:)

Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:08:00 AM  
Blogger Carto said...

Hey there :)

You've a comrade on the 'tall, dark and handsome' front. Brandon definitely floats my boat I can tell you LOL!

I went to see it today (it opened in the UK yesterday) and it was pretty awesome. I agree that Mr Spacey Esq. does a very good job of Lex, and I think Brandon has got Clark's mannerism's off to a T!!

I love the latest knit marvels you have here. I wish I could knit - my Ma tried to teach me years ago, but I just didn't get it. I dropped so many stitches it looked more like a fishing net than a scarf! Great job :))

Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:42:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your knitting projects look wonderful - makes me feel like picking up the knitting needles myself!

Monday, July 17, 2006 7:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home