Singular Stitches: Thankful thoughts and lots of turkey...

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thankful thoughts and lots of turkey...

I hope everyone in the US had a lovely Thanksgiving, spent it with loved ones, and thought thankful thoughts. We spent the day at my parents' home. It was fun and relaxed with fabulous traditional fare. I got to spend some quality time with my neices and nephew kitties and neice ferret.


I also wanted to thank everyone for all the sweet comments about the Swallowtail Shawl finish!


Shopping always lifts my spirits, so I paid a quick visit to Needlecraft Corner for a therapy session:



The two top Little House Needleworks designs, 'Ye Olde Coffee House' and 'Liberty Hill Inn' are slated for the kitchen, by the breakfast nook. The 'Home of a Needleworker', which I've been oogling over on other blogs for forever, and the Diane Graebner design, 'Hide & Seek' will probably go up in my sewing room.

The little blob of pink on the fabric below is a restart of Fairy Flora. I originally started her on 28ct. linen, and the more I stitched her, I found I was liking the size and appearance of the stitches less and less, so along with my other stash above, I picked up 32ct. linen.




Vash's RR also arrived on my doorstep, and I just had to put a few stitches in on the adorable little Painted Bunting I chose to stitch in my square:




Of course, with the holidays just around the corner (*shiver*), all holiday gift-related stitching is highest priority. The Mom scarf is just over 3/4 complete!



While working on the Mom scarf, I was able to rip all of my holiday music, which I'm listenting to as I type...

Some of my faves:
Time Life Treasury of Christmas I have an old version of this when it first came out (1997?) and the list of songs on mine is slightly different (and longer).
Excelsis: A Dark Noel - An excellent set of Goth versions of traditional holiday songs done well, not ridiculously. Welcome Christmas (from How the Grinch Stole Chirstmas by Love Spirals Downwards) is awesome, and O Come Emmanuel (by Area) will give you shivers.
Meowy Christmas - By the Jingle Cats. Some guy has a bunch of kitties that he recorded the various noises they make and edited them into holiday music. DH has banned the playing of this CD while he is within earshot. He just doesn't appreciate true quality music... ;o)


And, a gratuitous picture of my little helper...

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wow! You are busy busy busy with all of of your Christmas projects. Really nice to see you progress through them. Your mom's scarf is looking great! LHN and Diane Graebner designs are definitely favourites for me.

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great stash! Your mom's scarf looks great and is really coming along! Congrats, and glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Kitty looks like he ate too much turkey! LOL Glad you enjoyed your therapy session. :D

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home