Singular Stitches: Duck a l'Orange

Monday, October 30, 2006

Duck a l'Orange

They're done!!!



Except for the backstitching, my square of Anne's RR is complete!! It will be ready to mail out on the November 1st mailout date. I was so worried I wouldn't have it done in time.


I received a lovely RAK in the mail from the very sweet Heidi with a 'hello' from Fudge (her *adorable* feline companion). She made me a very chic cuff-style beaded bracelet, a (what else?) kitty notecard, and also included the chart to Knotwork Garken (which I forgot to inlcude in the photo). Thanks, again!!




Thanks to everyone with the comments about the polarfleece socks. I don't have the pattern itself anymore, I just have the pieces cut out of polarfleece and I make sure I cut out of another set of pieces before I sew them up, so I can make more...kind of like sourdough starter... I tried searching McCall's discontinued pattern site, but it must be too old to make that list. I'll try to post a picture of the pieces tonight.

I did find a similar pattern on the Green Pepper pattern site here. You'll need to scroll down a little and on the far left is pattern #504, Polar Socks. The only difference is that the cuff on my pair of socks is just a 1" hem.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congrats on getting the ducks finished! Yeah! :D

Monday, October 30, 2006 1:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Looks like they were a lot of work, but they are well worth it. :) Congrats on the finish!

Monday, October 30, 2006 4:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The duck cross stitch is great! Well done!! Thanks for researching those fleece socks. They just look so great. I'm clicking over to Green Pepper now. Thanks again!

Oh! I love that bracelet you were gifted with, too.

Monday, October 30, 2006 6:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the almost finish! It is wonderful:)

Monday, October 30, 2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

You are very welcome Girlie! I'm glad you like it. By the way, Fudge found another bead last night and was busy trying to eat it (the little tyke). A struggle ensued and this morning it looks as though I've been cutting back bramble bushes. Ah, the joys of cat ownership! :) x

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 3:00:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Thanks so much again for stitching on my RR - they look wonderful :D (The only thing is I'm Anne not Sue LOL.)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:00:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Very lovely duckie, Lynn! Congrats on getting it finished. My package will go out in the mail tomorrow for you so you can expect the next RR to be on its way.

And what a lovely RAK gift to get!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:16:00 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Congrats on the RR progress! Cute kitty card, and pretty bracelet.

Friday, November 03, 2006 8:14:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

The ducks came out so nice!! And good for you for finishing it in time. And btw I LOVE the sock yarn you picked out!! GREAT colors!!

Saturday, November 04, 2006 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home