Singular Stitches: You say 'Antisocial' like it's a bad thing...

Thursday, November 16, 2006

You say 'Antisocial' like it's a bad thing...

The Mom and Mum scarves are coming along nicely, They don't really look any different, just L-O-N-G-E-R, so just imagine more stitches. :o)


The Swallowtail shawl has been such a fun knit. I'm really glad I started it, because, truth be told, it looked a bit imposing and almost scared me off...

I don't have access to pins at the moment, so here's the best I could do with one-handed blocking (for all you XStitchers, those French Knot looking things are called nupps):



To the knitters out there, I finished Lilly of the Valley 1 border and am just over half way through the Lilly of the Valley 2 border. (I think I'm finally getting the hang of the nupps!!!). There are JUST 20 rows to go. Of course, there are 220+ stitches on the needles that I have time to only do one row per sitting, working on it during lunch. Barring any major catastrophies, this will definitely be done with time to spare before Christmas.

Here's the whole kit and kaboodle...




For about the last month, after work, I just want to go home, get into comfy clothes and just...hide out. Not a whole lot seems particularly blogworthy (hence the sporatic posting). I haven't even started listening to my Christmas CD's. By this time, DH has had to endure Jingle Cats at least a few times!

Just call me Ms. Antisocial-General-Crappy-Attitude! :o)

I suspect that the time change and colder weather have been the culprits. We don't see all that many truly sunny days around here anyway, and it's been cool, damp, and dreary. Could be just a very mild case of SAD, but it's getting on my nerves. I went to a candle party at a neighbor's house this week, and it was really fun and great to get out of hiding the house. Hopefully, this will help bootstrap me out of my funk...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! I seriously thought you were tagging off of one of my recent posts. I am so right there with you, girl. Feeling the same way and getting really tired of it. Your knitting is really coming along great, though! How about I pass you my bootstraps and you pass me yours, then we can pull each other up? :)

Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I can so commiserate with your SAD - there have been way too many dull, dreary, rainy days! But I just had a peak at something that brightened my mood considerably and may help out with yours ~ I just picked up your RR in my mailbox. And....its just gorgeous! You will be so pleased when you see it. But I'm wondering if I should hold off on any pictures until you received the completed piece in the mail....I do like to tease ;-D.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Jenna - let me go get my bootstraps. It's a trade! :o)

Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home