Singular Stitches: Birthday Funnery

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Birthday Funnery

Happy Hour was a blast Friday night. Here's a picture of my sister and some of her friends we met up with at Joe's Crab Shack in Station Square. (DSis is 2nd from left. DH and I weren't in the pic.)



The Wildthings game Saturday night was really fun. Unfortunately, some thunderstorms blew through with a cold front and they called it in the 2nd inning. But, otherwise, we had a fantastic time.

When the Wildthings pitcher threw the very first strikeout of the game, they tossed out these little foamy toilets with a local plumber's advertisement on it into the stands. It's like one of those foamy things you squeeze when you're all stressed out and need a release. Anyways, DH caught one. It's his 'Major Award'. :o)

Me, DH, DSis, Dad and Mum:


DSis and DSis's beau:


Even my Jaywalker got in on the fun.




And, of course, there were prezzies:

This was from DSis. How purr-fect is this??? It's going on my desk at work.



Mom and Mum & Dad each gave me some green prezzies (This is what I got last year, and the year before that...notice a pattern forming? :o), so I made an etrip to Needlecraft Corner and bought all the fixin's for Marriage of the Minds. I can't wait to get it started this week!!



And this Every Day Needlework Bag from Namaste was from me to me:




Gelato and Mum's Cardi were well received. Mum's Cardi fit Mum perfectly! Unfortunately, it was very hot and humid, so she didn't keep it on long enough for me to get a picture.


This wasn't part of the gifties, but I also got some sock yarn (from The Loopy Ewe) to get started on some Christmas presents for my Mum and Dad:



The Lorna's Laces (Red, white and blue) is for Dad (he loves all things patriotic), and Claudia's Steelers (The black, gold and white) is for Mum (she watches/listens to all the teams: Steelers, Pirates and Penguins). I'm going to make both socks with the Switchback Socks pattern. I'm not sure who will get the Flared Lace Smoke Ring (moi? :o) but since the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a cold, snowy winter in the East, I will definitely be making it...for someone.


Since it was my birthday today, and because the weather was so gorgeous, DH and I decided to take a ride here. We came home with almost $70 more than we went with. This was mostly thanks to DH, I was the Human Money Funnel. (Well, more than usual. It was just more concentrated today)

I also was left messages on the answering machine from the niecelets, and other various family members, singing 'Happy Birthday' to me.

It was a great birthday.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like everyone had a great birthday weekend. The kitty calendar from your sister is really cute!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Happy birthday!! Sounds like you had a great time.

Monday, August 27, 2007 4:04:00 AM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Happy birthday, there are some nice pressies there!!!

Joanne

Monday, August 27, 2007 6:38:00 AM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

Happy Birthday!
-Jen

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:30:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

What a fun weekend!! And I love the kitty desk calendar, too....

Monday, August 27, 2007 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great one. Can't wait to see Marriage of the Minds started - I love that chart!

Monday, August 27, 2007 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a little late...
Love the colors in your Jaywalker.
We could get in big trouble in a knit shop! Miss you guys!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy belated birthday! I love the Drawn Thread cross stitches...I have a log cabin mountain themed one that works well with my log cabin home in the Rockies. Yours is very pretty! I've never seen that one.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Well.... Happy Birthday a little belated! (That just means the fun gets spread out longer!)

You got some lovely giftees, and it sounds like some wonderful memories!!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Looks like loads of fun for everyone on your birthday! Great gifts too. :D

Happy Birthday and best wishes for a great year!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home