Singular Stitches: My Little Sister Quilts!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Little Sister Quilts!

My sister and I are pretty much 180.

- I'm the Suburbanite and she's the Urbanite
- She wears DKNY, I wear Lands' End
- I like wine, she likes tequila shots
- She bar hops with the girlfriends, I curl up with a good book and tea
- I watch Sense & Sensibility, she watches Rosemary's Baby

For all of our differences though (including she's 9 years younger than me), when we are together, we're always laughing and having a great time, and you'd know in an instant we are sisters. But, for her swanky, downtown lifestyle, now my sister...quilts!

I guess she couldn't fight the draw...it's in her blood. Mum sews, crochets and cross stitches. I sew, knit and cross stitch. And now my sister quilts. (Even Dad does woodworking)

I wanted to share the gorgeous potholder she just made for her kitchen. The center looks like you're looking down on a blueberry pie with a star cut out to vent it. (I don't think that's what she was going for, but that's what it looks like to me, anyway :o)



The really, really cool thing is that she's making me one for my kitchen too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow, congratulations to your sister! She did a wonderful job with that potholder! I love the colours too, and your interpretation :)

That was a very enjoyable article, by the way :)

Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

It looks gorgeous. Congrats to your sister on such a lovely finish, and lucky you that you'll get one too. :)
Sue

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:04:00 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

WOW that is beatiful!! Ok it's only a matter of time now before she steers into the knitting/cross stitch area. One stash begets another one.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home