Singular Stitches: Pumpkins!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Pumpkins!

I keep deluding myself hoping that if I work on Autumn themed projects, we will have Autumn weather. So far, my theory has fallen flat on it's face. It's supposed to be 92F today with dew points around 70F. Now you know not to ask me for any good lottery numbers!



I've been working away at my Batch of Pumpkins during lunch. I got a lot done yesterday while participating in an Oracle conference call from the comfort of my desk. (Hey, I can't help it, it was scheduled during my lunch hour - the fun of working for a company headquartered in the Central Time Zone)

I probably won't get much more done on it this week, so this is probably going to be the last update before moving onto the next project in my rotation.

We've got lots going on this weekend. Tonight, DSis organized a Happy Hour gathering at a local haunt to celebrate her making it to her 30's with her boyfirend and a bunch of coworkers. Even us old fogies were invited, and although this is something DH and I rarely do, I thought it would be fun to get out and pretend we're not old and boring. :o)

Tomorrow morning, I have to put the finishing touches on Mum's Cardi and DSis's Gelato and gift bag them up. Later on Saturday, we're gathering at Mum and Dad's house to exchange gifties before going to the Wildthing's (Minor League) baseball game. The game Saturday evening (provided it's not storming) will be the collective August birthday celebration for Mum, DSis and me.

I also need to work on my Jaywalker sock before the game Saurday night to get it past the turnheel so I don't have to do it while at the game. It's not that it's hard, but it does require a bit more undivided concentration than other parts of a sock.

Sunday, I'll probably sleep in to some obscenely late hour, like 9. :o)

Afternoon Edit: Here's the result of my lunch time knitting today on my Jaywalker. I finished the turn heel and started the side gussets.




Have a fantastic weekend, everyone! :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Hazel said...

Great wip and fab knitting. I have a giveaway if you fancy joining in the fun. xx

Saturday, August 25, 2007 5:38:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Great sock - love the colours in it!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Pumpkins is looking great, but it does sound like you're going to be pretty busy this coming week. Hopefully you'll be able to get some unexpected stitching time in after all. Your sock is looking great too, what fun colors.
Sue

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home