Singular Stitches: What a weekend!

Monday, August 20, 2007

What a weekend!

1. Mum's Cardigan is finished! All ends woven in and buttons are sewn on. I'm still thinking of sewing around the button holes, because they seem a little loose.

With all the pictures I took this weekend, I somehow forgot to get a picture of the cardi - hmphf.


2. Felted DSis's purse. It went very smoothly! I did have to run it through the wash three times (we have a front loader), but did manage to get 6 bath towels washed in the process! :o) I have to sew on the snap. I picked out some prospective buttons for the flap, but she and I have very different tastes, so I'll show her the buttons I've picked out, and let her pick from those, or she can find something herself.

The blue stuff in the purse is a plastic bag from the grocery store with crumpled up newspaper so the bag would dry in it's finished shape. The little ball thing on the flap is a pin, so the flap wouldn't dry all misshapen.



Every time I'd pass it (it was on the kitchen island), I'd make some adjustment in it's shape. I don't know if it's the engineering gene, but I have a thing with symmetry. I strive to keep my world even and symmetric (I am, however, able to restrain myself from adjusting crooked pictures hanging when at someone's house. :o)), so obviously, every time I stopped to examine the drying progress, I had to stick my hand in the bag, make a pull here a yank there and many, many adjustments in between. I'm surprised it doesn't have bruises!

And, yes, after taking the picture above, I did adjust the flap to the right so it was even between the front handles.


3. Since I was felting anyway, I pulled out a pair of Fuzzy Feet I knitted a while back and felted them too.



I really like them, but they're a bit big on me. I don't want to have to wear socks under them, so I think I might give them to MIL as a Christmas present. She wears a half size larger than me, so they'd be a better fit for her. They were a fun (and fast) knit - just a huge pair of socks, so I'll just knit myself up a smaller pair.


4. I am finally down to the heel on my first Jaywalker!




5. I finished up my week with The Liberty Inn, which I mostly worked on during lunch at work.




6. Last night, I started the next piece in my rotation, Batch of Pumpkins from Homespun Elegance.




7. And, since yesterday was cold and rainy (It didn't make it out of the 50's!), most of my day was spent curled up in the Ladies' Parlour. The kitties joined me.

Abner curled up by my right shoulder, on the back of my stitching chair:



He must have been watching Itchey do her version of an Itchey Enchilada:





You might recognize that as the Basket Weave afghan I've been working on here and there. Yesterday was a perfect day to work on it, but Itchey made it clear that she'd rather test it out early, so I put it down and worked on something else. They have me trained well, don't they?

11 Comments:

Blogger Kucki68 said...

I love the pumpkin batch, that looks intriguing.

Monday, August 20, 2007 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at the last picture!

Monday, August 20, 2007 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! You were busy this weekend! Beautiful start on Liberty Hill Inn. The bag is so cute, can't wait to see what button you two decide on.

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kendra said...

That purse for your sister is really cute! And the multi-colored sock is gorgeous! I love the colors.

Monday, August 20, 2007 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

Adorable pics of the cats-love the last one! Everything looks great.
-Jen

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Love your felted bag - how cool is that! Funny your cat is called Itchey - one of ours is called Scratchy lol! xx

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I am soooooo excited to see your Austermann Jaywalkers! I have that very Austermann colorway and I have been wanting to knit the Jaywalkers, now I know which pattern I will use! Very, very pretty!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger prajantr said...

You've been a very busy busy bee. Just Wow.

The purse turned out wonderfully, and I love the progress pics.

I have to say though that my absolute favorite pic is the last one with kitty testing the WIP afghan. :P

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a cute purse for your sister! Your knitting is all gorgeous. You are so talented.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Everything looks great, Itchey certainly like your afghan, finished or not!!!

Monday, August 27, 2007 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

OMG Itchey is too funny!!! Yes they do have you well trained, huh? LOL

Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home