Singular Stitches: Grinning like a fool...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Grinning like a fool...

I used to be such a computer nerd back in the very early 80's, but somehow, technology ran me over passed me by. I've been bored with my blog title for a really long time now, but since I hadn't the foggiest idea how to change it, so it remained. And I really want to learn HTML. I grew up on DOS commands (and I've even programmed assembly language), so it can't be impossible, right?

In a spurt of divine inspiration today (while I should have been doing other things, like those I'm paid for), I put together that magic combination of HTML code to display a custom header! Since then, I've pulled up my blog page about a half dozen times, partly to make sure it's still 'working', and because I'm just so smug with myself I figured it out. (Kind of like when Tom Hanks created fire in Castaway)

It doesn't take much, does it? ;o)


Hope you like the new look...

9 Comments:

Blogger Myrna said...

I really like the new look!!! ('specially the black cat in the corner!)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

V1.0 (a few hours ago) lacked a kitty, but I couldn't possibly *not* have a kitty!! :o)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great! Well done. What's your next blog template challenge?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done, and I would be grinning too. I am techo challenged with these things so have just left my blog alone!! It has a cat, so I'm happy!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl! :D

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Love the new header! Isn't it empowering! :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Excellent work! Congrats! You have every right to feel quite happy with yourself!

I've never been much of a geek, so am lucky to have married a self-taught computer expert who has been surpassed by our oldest son. Alas, the younger boys are mostly gamers. However, they're all quite impressed that I do have a blog, no matter how simple, lol!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Your header template looks great.

Hubby is the nerd in our house, but he is impressed that I managed to start my own blog.

Joanne

Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:07:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Oooooh lovely job there girlfriend! I got fed up with mine, though I haven't the expertise at all when it comes to HTML, so I had to make do with what Blogger offered. Well done! xx

Friday, August 17, 2007 4:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home