Singular Stitches: SAL Progresses

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

SAL Progresses

Monday was Teresa Wentzler SAL Day on Friends Gather BB. We've been having really wonky weather, mild and rainy, then cold and windy, each punctuated with a strong Low Pressue System that gives me a migraine - typical January weather. This was my Monday.

Now, it's a mild description to call a TW design challenging, even when my brain capacity is close to it's maximum, let alone when I'm sinus impaired. So, it was a slower than usual go, but I did make some progress.

I started this back in 2000 and put it down soon after and just picked it up again. The majority of the stitching you see was done back when I first started it, but I had some of those pesky onsie-twosie stitches I needed to fill in, so I did a little of those, and I decided to start some of the back-stitching (at the bottom left), because there's about as much back-stitching as there is regular sttiches!

If you click on the Floral Bellpull link to the right -------->
you will see how this design will look when finished, then look below to see the speck of it that I've been working on. (I console myself that this is actually 6 designs that are just coincidentally connected)

Bellpull 1-17-06


Tuesday was 4 Seasons SAL Day, also on the Friends Gather BB, and so I worked on Spring Arches. Besides feeling better, Bent Creek is a less challenging stitch than TW (and why I love them both!). I do, however, admit with no shame, that I have taken some a lot of creative liberty with the arches themselves. They are arches in the academic sense, they are curved and are the correct dimensions, but I don't believe that one of them is exactly stitch for stitch as the chart suggests.

I worked on the Momma Robin and her chicks at the far right. Momma still needs a beak and breast (is there some kind of statement there? ;o).

Spring Arches 1-17-06

And, yes, I am a Weather Nerd!

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

My stitching was hampered over the weekend by a sinus attack too :( Lots of frogging! Hope you are on the mend - maybe a high pressure system is moving your way :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

It's looking great, Lynn :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home