Singular Stitches: Happy Friday!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Happy Friday!

I'm just so glad it's Friday. It's been rainy here, which is just great curl up and stitch weather. I'm looking forward to a weekend in my jammies!

I worked on Purr-Pals yesterday. I bought this chart back when ribbon embroidery was still the rage. (I never did get into that. The finished pieces I saw were truly beautiful, but just not my cup of tea.) I bought the chart because it matches my kitties. Anyways, the whole reason that I bring up ribbon embroidery is becasuse the Lazy Daisy stitch on the branches call for silk ribbon. I decided to just use the darker of the greeens (DMC #3051).

The leaves were going really well until I started paying more attention to the TV (we were watching an 'As Time Goes By' episode - I love Brittish humor!) than my stitching and had to cut my losses and stop while I was ahead. The leaves you see are the ones I didn't have to rip out.

(If you click on the picture, you'll see a clearer image)
PICT0027

And poor Mr. Tabby has been waiting for a face for a while now since I've run out of #740. I'll have to stop at JoAnn's and pick up a skein before he calls the ASPCA.



Oh, by the way...

PICT0026

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy in IL said...

Lynn, the Purr-Pals DOES match your kitties! How clever to turn a ribbon embroidery chart into XS! I bought several ribbon things, but also never got into it. Just got rid of mine on eBay. Can't wait to see this one finished! Love those kitty designs!

Saturday, February 04, 2006 3:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home