Singular Stitches: Another stich in the project

Friday, January 20, 2006

Another stich in the project

Here's the story line so far (don't you feel like you've been watching Law & Order?): I knitted the Snowball's Chance in Hell Armwarmer far enough to add the first motif, then knitted far enough for the second. Just before knitting the second, I realized that I made my descreases ever 7th row rather than every 8th row. So, I ripped out all the rows up to the first motif (I was NOT ripping THAT out!) and re knitted. FINALLY, on Wednesday, I was ready to stitch the second motif.

Another note: Since this was far enough down the arm, and the opening was not as wide as at the top (all those decreases to delicately follow the shape of the arm), I had to cross stitch the second motif all on top of the fabric. On the first one, I 'sewed' the stitches, pulling the needle above and below the fabric so that I had more control forming the stitches. You can really see the difference on the second one. The stitches are a little puffier and not as uniform as the first motif. Acceptable, but not my first choice.

Armwarmer Progress 1-19-06

1 Comments:

Blogger MysteryKnitter said...

Pretty looking anyway.

Monday, April 03, 2006 7:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home