Singular Stitches: Gratuitous Kitty Pics

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gratuitous Kitty Pics

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I was playing with my camera last night and took a bunch of pics of the kitties. I can't show you my exchange piece, so you get to see the cats.

The wooden thing you see in the background is a kidney-shaped lap desk (Made by Dad, which he copied for me from here) I use with my laptop.

I’m sitting on my bed and I had a kitty on each side of me. I was working on my Beginner's Exchange project and reading blogs.

Abner doing the cool Abercrombie and Fitch (Abnercrombie and Itch?? :o) pose...
PICT0151

Itchey getting lightly toasted under my bedside lamp...
PICT0148

Abner in profile. He has a big pink rubber eraser nose. I always tell him I'm going to steal his nose and put it on the back of my pencil to erase BIG mistakes. (OK, yes I am one of those crazy cat ladies. My cats know it too, but they still love me! :o)
PICT0152

Being demure for the camera. I LOVE kitty noses, and Itchey has a little black olive nose. I always tell her I'm going to steal her nose and put it in my martini. (Yes, I know green olives are typically used in martinis, but she doesn't have a green nose...)

Behind her is my Cross Stitch Organizer (bought at a LNS years ago. I keep multiple highlighters, pen, a magnetic needle holder (from Mill Hill, I think, and yes, cat-shaped, what a surprise), scissors, needle case and a seam ripper. I'm all set!
PICT0141

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylvie said...

They are adorable!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your cats are adorable. I only recently became a cat lady myself and I feel crazy too. lol

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

What beautiful cats! We have 2 indoor cats & they laze around all the time. LOL

You asked about our Nicholas -- he will be 16 later this month AND Alex will be 14 in June. Nicholas enjoys working with his hands. ie, knitting, needlework, fixins things, putting stuff together. He enjoys music and plays trombone/band. He keeps his knitting/needlework quiet around school b/c he doesn't want the students to 'talk'. Alex is into engineering, radio, robotics, and also choir & show choir - drama. Alex is more outgoing & has a lot of interests.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww... LOVE the kitties! I got a little bit of a kitty fix when I visited my parents over Easter, but otherwise, I live vicariously through all of you stitchers who post your kitty pics! If DH and I weren't so allergic to them, I'd definitely be a crazy cat lady. ;)

Monday, April 24, 2006 4:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home