Singular Stitches: Has it been a week???

Monday, February 20, 2006

Has it been a week???

Wow, I didn't realize that it's been so long since I last posted! What better to close the gap than with a Happy Dance. I completed the Summer Arches this weekend, and this finish also completes the Seasonal Arches set. Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn are all finished!!!

PICT0011

In retrospect, I had a wonderful time stitching this series. This was my first time using hand dyed floss and I really enjoyed the look of color variation. At first, I really didn't care for stitching the arches themselves, but eventually I came to like them.

One frustrating part was that there were a number of errors on the charts. Wrong color symbols and stitches that were just wrong, mostly, but it was easy enough to correct. I guess 'Quality Control' comes to mind...

Now, I just need to take these off to the LNS for framing...

Woo Hoo!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Faith Ann said...

I love the Arches series! Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Your eye-pod is cool too :)

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Having just completed a series myself, I know how thrilled you are to have finished the arches!! Congrats! They're just delightful. :D

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Congrats on the finish. Beginner's Exchange has closed and partners emailed. Did you get yours? CJ

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Way to go on your Summer Arches. Looks wonderful : )

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Woohoo,, a belated congrats on getting both the spring and summer arches finished, and also in completing the entire series - must feel great! :) I'm soooo behind in reading blogs - I've decided not to leave the computer today until they're all caught up - better get takeaways ordered for dinner LOL. OK, back to see what else you've been up to ... :D

Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home