Singular Stitches: Arch ya glad I posted?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Arch ya glad I posted?

OK, I know. That's really bad, but it's all I can think of right now. I'm in St. Louis this week on business, so I'm going for the 'Arch' theme this evening.

We decided to go to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner tonight. (WOW, is the Union Station COOL!) On the drive down, I was able to catch a few pictures of the arch. This is the first time seeing the arch up close and personal, and it's really impressive.

PICT0106

At the very top of the picture below, you can see the observation windows (the tiny black rectangles.

windows

It was really cool flying into St. Louis because it was the first time I was able to see the arch in front of the city. It was a very impressive view. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's going to fit into our schedule or not.

I think I'll have a little time for a quick trip to Shamrock Cross Stitch. It's somewhat near to where I am, so I'm hoping to make a pilgrimage. I've even packed such that I can fit some new stash into my carry-on. I've got my priorities!

I did cross-stitch on the flight here, but since I decided to bring my Beginners' Exchange piece, I can't post the excellent progress I made. In fact, as soon as I'm done with this post, I'm going to put my feet up, get out my cross-stitch and sip my latte with The Weather Channel on as background noise (and, of course, see what the female meteorologists are wearing).

PICT0113

5 Comments:

Blogger Monsoon said...

I've been to the top, the ride up is horribly claustrophobic (sp?). the view is cool but I would never do it again.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:39:00 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Just went and looked at Shamrock Cross Stitch, and yes, I too would make an effort to stop there! It looks like a wonderful shop! Be sure and let us know what you get!

And the Arch is pretty, but if you don't like small spaces -- admire it from the ground. The view is awsome from the top tho...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you get to go up to those itsy-bitsy windows! If you do, please take pictures, since what the others are saying will totally keep me from going there myself someday. ;)

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

I've never been to St. Louis! But if I ever do, I'd love to get to the top of the arch to see the view!
Enjoy your latte and stitching - heaven. :D

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Thanks for posting the piccie of the St Louis arch - I love to see piccies of other places where people are ... and I have to admit, I'd be one of those definitely making a pilgrimage to the top - would be worth it for the view! :D

Friday, March 24, 2006 5:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home