Singular Stitches: Rotation? What Rotation???

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Rotation? What Rotation???

Baby? What baby??? LOL! Did you see Two Week's Notice?

After finishing those arches, I feel like I would after getting through Finals at the end of a term. That feeling afterwards, after all the studying and stess is over, it's like, 'OK, what do I do now??' Ooooh, I remember my junior year having a four hour Electronic Circuits final. Very painful.

For some reason, I've had an inkling to work on Santa of the Forest. (Probably after seeing the Stitching Scientist's GORGEOUS progress on hers! Check it out!)

Mr. Bear's eyes and nose are done (the poor thing needs to eat, doesn't he??? LOL!), and I filled in some more brown on his paws and side and did some of Santa's left arm (up by Mr. Bear's ear). Every time I pick up this piece, I keep thinking to myself that I really better get Santa's beard started so I can do it a little at a time.

I know myself, and to me, all that pale stitching will get really, really tedious, and if I leave his entire beard until last, this piece will stay a UFO until the threads disintegrate!

PICT0015

I will leave you with a picture of one of my furbabies. This is Abner, and he's a very friendly chap and often spontaneously breaks out in loud, rumbling purring. He is a happy-go-lucky guy and never misses a chance to give many, many kisses. He likes to stop and smell the roses, but then forgets where he was originally headed! He's not a graceful kitty, but he's very plush and makes an excellent lap warmer. On cold nights he'll curl up on my pillow with his head on my shoulder. I'll rub his chin a little and fall asleep to kitty purrs, which, in my opinion, is better than any relaxation CD out there!

PICT0014

3 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

We have an orange kitty too whom we all just adore - he's the best and so good with the kids!!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... what a beautiful boy he is! I just love it when they are motorboats. :)

Friday, February 24, 2006 5:51:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Awwww, Abner is just toooo gorgeous! :) I wanna jump in the piccie and give him a cuddle :D Your bear is coming along beautifully too :)

Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home