Singular Stitches: Happy Easter!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Easter!

Just got back from a 4-day weekend! Lovely! We stayed home, got up very late each morning (I'm blaming that on the kitties - they looked just too comfortable lying there, sleeping peacefully, yeah, that's it), got a lot of seasonal work done around the house, as well as some cross stitch, knitting and sewing.

A warning: Don't watch The Five People You Meet in Heaven without at least a carton of Kleenex. Excellent, excellent movie. A MUST see. I tried to cross-stitch while watching it, but after Eddie goes to Heaven and starts meeting his five people (no, I'm not giving anything away), it was all over. I didn't want to get mascara on Joann's exchange project!

Here's some rotation work from last week:

Snapperville - I got a little done on the pine tree. I admit, the bigger copy makes life much easier!

PICT0200


All holiday weekend, I exclusively cross-stitched my Beginner's Exchange. It's a lovely piece (and I can't wait to share a picture soon), but I think I was a bit ambitious on my design selection (this was my first exchange ever). I'm absolutely loving working on it, so all the extra time spent on it has been enjoyable. And, I'm so close...

3 Comments:

Blogger Lelia said...

I didn't view the movie; however, did read the book -- wasn't it unique? I checked out the audiobook from the public library & at the end, the 'teacher' was recorded providing advice to his 'student'. Was really interesting to actually HEAR his actual voice & listen to what he had to say in his own words ...

Enjoy the day.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Carto said...

Greetings!

Thank you so much for dropping by to my blog. I'm glad you did as now I've discovered yours! And you're a cat fanatic too, brilliant! Wow - what beautiful projects - keep up the good work! :)x

Thursday, April 20, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good movie! I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Monday, April 24, 2006 4:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home