Singular Stitches: SBQ Question...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

SBQ Question...

This week's Question...

Do you stitch “on the go?” (On the commute to and from work, during your lunch break, waiting for the kids, etc.) If so, do you have a specific “travel” project or do you just grab whatever you happen to be working on and take it with you?



Absolutely!

When I had younger eyes, I cross stitched in the car. After my cross stitch hiatus, I tried cross stitching in the car, but found that not only could I not see the holes properly, it actually made me nauseous looking at the holes. So now, I only knit in the car.

Otherwise, I rarely travel anywhere without a pair of socks to knit and a cross stitch project.

A number of years back, my commute to work involved a lot of start-stop traffic, where it took maybe 3-4 light cycles to get down this long hill. At the time, I was working on one of the Cross Stitch and Country Crafts stockings (the Kitchen stocking for my Mum, I believe), and I would save fill-in areas for my morning commute. I would drape the fabric up over the steering wheel and stitch while we were stopped. I could see the brake light of the car in front of me, so I knew when traffic started to move. Over the course of those red lights, I'd get maybe 10-15 minutes of stitching done each morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home