Singular Stitches: You Spin Me 'Round (On Rotation...)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You Spin Me 'Round (On Rotation...)

You Spin Me Round was just playing on Launch. (Hey, get some pants on that kid!)

I am getting (and staying) on my rotation starting this week! I really accomplish a lot more stitching when I see different designs each day.

Last night, I was able to sit out on the back deck (until it got just a little too chilly) and cross stitched while basking in the setting sun. My Monday piece is the Harvest Sampler and here's my progress on the top part of the border:

PICT0196

When I did the vertical border (on the left), I did the gold lattice before stitching the solid border and made more counting mistakes on the lattice . I figured doing the solid border first then the lattice would let me know immediately if I stitched one to many or too few stitches or was off by a thread. It did work, and so I was able to get a lot more done.

Today, during lunch and this evening, Snapperville is the stitch du jour.

**** Eye of the Tiger is now playing on Launch. (I'm listening to the 'Big Hits of the 80's' channel) OK, be honest, besides me, how many of you have skated to this song at the local skating rink back in the 80's....

In a previous post, I mentioned that I could no longer stitch in the car (all those holes make me woozy). This is true for any evenweave or linen type fabric, but I was curious if I could still stitch on perforated paper in the car. Well, heck, I can! I found a project from and old issue of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts that I had to make. They're kitties that look like Abner. I started the Abner cat (with slight modification), and will update the design to make an Itchey cat. They'll probably end up as magnets to hang in my cubicle at work. I did this yesterday, 45 min on the ride in and 45 min on the ride home. (DH was driving :o)

PICT0195

***And with that I leave you to go listen to Hungry Like the Wolf. Yes, I was a Durannie and yes, I liked Simon Le Bon... He was quite good looking in this video... *sigh*

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy in IL said...

First of all, Congratulations and a Happy Dance on Purrfect Pals getting a finish. They're so much like your own babies, it's amazing! And thanks for the great idea of traveling and working on perf. paper, I just can't stitch on regular fabric in the car, and I know I could easily do bookmarks and small designs on the paper. Wonderful idea!

I love your Harvest Sampler progress on that fabric. Absolutely gorgeous! You're inspired me to get moving on a daily rotation again. Been in a bit of a slump. Now I think I can get moving again.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Kimmie said...

Oh, I was sooooooo a Duranie. I had a strange attraction to Nick Rhodes. Then, when I was old enough to realize he was a little girlie, I noticed the importance of Simon and John. LOL.

I learned Eye of the Tiger on the piano for my lessons. (snicker)

Love the stitching!!!! The gold on the sampler is very pretty.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Yep, have to admit I was a Duran Duran fan too ... had all their LP's - still enjoy listening to all the old music, but hate it when they gave revamped by the new groups ... sacrilege! :D

Friday, April 14, 2006 8:49:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Aww now John Taylor was my favey...those eyes (gibber!!)

Love the puddy cat design - mind you anything to do with cats is a winner with me. I think the colours go very well together...and well done you for getting some stitching done in the car! I've tried to do that on separate occasions but wimped out, so good for you! :))

Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duran Duran was the best! Oh, and I didn't skate to anything... I just fell. ;)

Monday, April 24, 2006 4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home