Singular Stitches: Let's take a trip to Snapperville

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Let's take a trip to Snapperville

The ride to Snapperville was lovely. The weather was beautiful. It was sunny with a warm breeze that lazily carried little santa clauses and the scent of wildflowers.

The first field we came across had animals practicing their acrobatic routine for the next Cirque du Soleil show. The cow and sheep were hard at work perfecting their act, but the rooster was no where to be found. Probably in the hen house trying to impress the hens with stories of how he served in the Perdue-Tyson wars back in '88.

Driving further, we find that a barn is being raised, and soon a retired race horse (who happened to win the Snapperville Derby in '01 and '03) will be taking up residence.

The next lot is the latest completion in Snapperville, and has a lovely new two story home with all the ammenities, inlcuding scratching posts and catnip dispensers. The landscaping was just recently added. Gray Kitty is sitting outside, surveying his lovely manor. He meows his hellow and asks that Itchey and Abner come by soon for a visit.

The downtown portion of Snapperville is still in its planning stage. Part of City Council has not been present at the last meetings since three of the members are involved in 'That Darn Travelling Circus'. Did you ever hear of a City Council ever getting along? But, they are all very interested in making Snapperville a lovely place to call home, so soon all will be resolved and the building will begin.

I hope you've enjoyed your trip through Snapperville...

PICT0324


Back at home, I pulled out a piece I started a long time ago (maybe 2000 or 2001?). There wasn't much to finish, so I worked on that yesterday and actually have a Happy Dance to report. Notice the little Itchey cat hiding behind the one hat? When I would work on this, I couldn't get the phrase 'Hats off to Halloween' (to the tune of 'Hooray for Hollywood') out of my mind for hours afterward. Because of this post, it will probably be running through my head for a while today.

It's a Lizzie Kate design, done on some tweedy cream evenweave, and with Sampler Threads from The Gentle Art. I'm still not sure how I'm going to finish it yet.

PICT0329


I also received some stash enhancement in the mail from 1-2-3 Stitch. I'm participating in one of Renee's Open Theme Round Robins (Yay Group 3!!!). I decided on a four seasons theme, and am going to use the four Lizzie Kate Snippet Samplers series: Winter, Spring, Autumn and Summer. While picking those up, I did a little extra shopping too! :o)

PICT0321

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely visit through Snapperville :) Love all the stash you bought and hats off to halloween - how about a banner?

Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Ooooh, a banner sounds like a cool idea... Thanks!

Monday, May 08, 2006 8:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! If I had been drinking water, I might have snorted at the description of Hats Off to Halloween being sung to the tune of Hooray For Hollywood! And thank you for the lovely meandering about Snapperville. It was a great trip and I hope that we'll get to visit again. Your descriptions are much more colorful and add so much more background and meaning. :D

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home