Singular Stitches: Something to sink your teeth into...

Monday, April 24, 2006

Something to sink your teeth into...

Well, not literally. Last weekend, it was Itchey's turn to visit the dentist and have her teeth cleaned. (we had Abner's done a couple years earlier) I felt like a heel the entire week before we took her, because I didn't want to say anything to her, but I knew of her impending doom... (Yes, I DO talk to my cats, thank you)

She did beautifully. When we went to pick her up, they brought her into the examination room and let me hold her before we put her in her carrier (she was still very groggy), she put her head on my shoulder with her her paw holding onto the top of my arm (Don't leave me here, Mummy).

It was funny, they told us that when we took her home, she’ll probably want to go off somewhere and sleep for the rest of the day and we could try to give her a tablespoon of food at around 5 pm (because she may not want to eat so soon after surgery).

I guess they didn't realize she's actually a Hoover vacuum with fur! :o)

She wanted no part of being shut away in the guest room, and when we went to feed them, I gave her the one tablespoon of soft (they suggested soft because her teeth might be a little tender – our kitties mostly eat dry with occasional sushi) and I had to have DH hold her off of Abner’s food (while he was trying to eat – poor thing!) until I could get her some more of the soft food. It’s one of the bigger cans of food, not the Fancy Feast size (that you use a can opener on), and she ended up eating almost a ½ of that!

Here are some pictures of my poor little girl with her shaved paw for the IV... These are from right after her cleaning a week ago, so she's starting to get black fuzz there now.

PICT0207

PICT0210

And a picture of Abner for good measure...

PICT0221


I got a lot of cross stitch done on my Beginner's Exchange piece. The weather has been finally warm enough to sit out on the back deck and stitch. I'm on the home stretch, and by this weekend, I plan to do the finishing.

PICT0228

Just to tease Joanne, here's a picture of all the floss colors that I've used for her exchange piece. ;o)

PICT0230

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of floss colors! Poor Itchey, sounds like she did just fine, though. It's funny, but you have my two favorite colors of kitties - orange tabby and black (or silver-grey; that's nice, too). Please give them both a little belly rub from me. :)

Monday, April 24, 2006 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Always the tease, CJ

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your poor kitties - sounds like the ordeal was just as hard on their Mommy.

How wonderful to be able to enjoy sitting outside to stitch!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:20:00 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Oh my gosh, we have the SAME kitties!! Seriously! If you'll scroll down a little in my blog, you'll see a photo of my kitties!

Kitty dental appts are always an ordeal for me so I *understand*...glad to hear Itchey is doing fine! :-)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Hello again :)

Awwwww your puddy's are soo cuuute! Ah the joys of cat ownership - I had to do the same thing with poor old Fudgie last year. I would ideally like to brush his teeth but he won't let me near them. I can scritch him under his chin, under his collar, even rub his tummy but if I go anywhere near his teeth with a brush, he suddenly turns into the wildcat from hell! Take care and enjoy the day :))

Friday, April 28, 2006 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home