Singular Stitches: Oh Boy!!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Oh Boy!!

I just received a lovely package from Leslie of Leslie's Cross Stitch Heaven for the Beginner's Exchange.

First of all, her package of goodies was wrapped in the prettiest butterfly tissue paper, secured with a butterfly sticker. I almost didn't want to open it!

But I did. :o)

Inside was a beautiful stitched flower welcome! I'm sorry, but I don't know what the finishing technique is, except that it's just totally cool, and I must find out how to do it, and what the stiff material is inside. (sorry, that's the engineer in me, I like to know how things are made/work - but I'm not taking this apart!) If that wasn't enough, she also included a note on a butterfly notecard, two skeins of silk mori thread, a piece of mint lugana (the good stuff - she must have seen my rant on cheap imitation DMC lungana a few posts before! :o), and a Lizzie Kate design with the coordinating brass charms. I don't remember ever posting about this particular LK design, but I've been looking at it every time I browse online stores, but just never actually got around to buying it. I even considered this as my design for a RR that I'll be participating in. Cool beans! Guess who'll be starting up a new project this weekend!

Leslie, thank you! And your timing couldn't have been any better. I had a really stessful Monday at work, and I came home to see a package the Mail Lady put inside our storm door. How fun to come home to such a lovely package!!!


PICT0336

6 Comments:

Blogger Myrna said...

What a great package! Your 'Welcome' is lovely, and the extra goodies a great bonus!

Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I am so glad that you liked it, Lynn. I think the technical term for the finishing is "hangy thing":). I basically made a pin keep and added a hanger. I would be happy to email you the steps I did with a materials list if you would like.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:30:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

What an exciting and beautiful package, Lynn! Leslie did a wonderful job! I love when my mailbox has a squishy package for me---the best kind!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Aww what a lovely package to receive - everything looks dreamy I must say..and the silk mori thread..Lovely! :)

Thursday, May 11, 2006 4:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the technical term "hangy thing" that has been introduced. I think I may use that one in the future. ;) Leslie really made up a beautiful package for you, especially containing some things your heart really desired. Brava!

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:33:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Jenna - Yes, 'Hangy Thing' is a very technical term! :o)

Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home