Singular Stitches: Stitch Blogger Question

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Stitch Blogger Question

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Vash and is:

Have you ever used a magnifying glass while stitching? If so, did you find it helpful?


Oh, Vash, you're making us admit we're not as young as we once were! :o) LOL!

I'm near-sighted, but now that my eyes have the wisdom of almost four decades, I find that when I work on linen, because the threads are not always uniform, I sometimes need to wear readers, particularly when my eyes are tired. I'm still OK with evenweave. Overall, I do need a higher wattage light than I did before!

I never fail to get a chuckle from DH when I'm wearing them (Yes, Dear, we're not those teenagers we were when we first met!).

My Mum has always needed readers, and wears them on a chain around her neck. My sister and I called them her 'Soup Laddles' because when she'd cook, they'd get splattered with some liquid or dunked into some sauce. She'd go to put them on and there would be dried spaghetti sauce or gravy splats on the glass! LOL!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

you have some lovely projects on the go at the moment! the wool gatherer is stunning!
I look forward to seeing the end result!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:49:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I think I'm about ready for a pair of soup ladles for myself... ;)

Love that SB project you're working on!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home