Singular Stitches: Stitching by the light of the silver moon

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Stitching by the light of the silver moon

Actually, it was a bit foggy, but that just doesn't sound as poetic, does it?

I woke up around 1am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep until around five. Probably all the plotting, planning and preparing for the July Fourth Family Gathering at our house this coming Sunday. (I told you that we rarely celebrate holidays on the actual day, didn't I? :o) It's not a huge deal, just the usual suspects: Me, DH, my Mum and Dad, DSis and her boyfriend, just doing a cookout and maybe some lawn jarts, but I have to catch up on all of the house cleaning that I don't do because I stitch instead! Costco lists, WalMart lists, To Do lists and even some work related thoughts (how the heck did they slip in?) were swirling around in my head. I really need a pensieve!

During this time, I spent quality time spoiling the kitties with pets, scratches and rubbed ears, played one of my best games of Luxor ever, read a bit of The Long Winter, and even did a little stitching on Snaperville.

I've been working on the second square from the left and got most of the horse and barn done. Abner lay on my lap and purred while I stitched. (Mummy, can I sit up with you, can I?)

PICT0434

And these are my Fourth of July cards I sent out to both families this year. (No, I didn't whip those up last night too!) Copied from SplitCoastStampers:

PICT0433

5 Comments:

Blogger Carto said...

Hey there. Love the design - is it a Bent Creek creation? Apologies if I'm wrong. I always seem to get Bent Creek stuff mixed up with L*K stuff. Well, whichever one it is, I love it :)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Love the progress on Snapperville. It looks great!! The cards are amazing too!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:15:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

You WIP is comming along nice.. I to will be having family over this weekend. Sunday is Dennis' birthday..

Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh... lawn jarts. The classic combination of horseshoes and darts. Kinda. ;)

Enjoy the long weekend. I think all of us US bloggers need the break!!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Great cards! I love to browse through the pics at Splitcoast Stampers. :D

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home