Singular Stitches: Cascade Socks KAL

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Cascade Socks KAL

I woke up this morning and thought, "Hey, I'll join a knit-along today".

Not really, but it's better than, I was blog-hopping this morning, and I happened upon this blog...

I'm not a fast knitter by any stretch of the imagination, so I normally don't join knit-alongs because all the participants would be finished and I'd still be only half way through. I also don't like to have deadlines on my crafty pursuits, because crafting is my escape from To-Do's and deadlines.

Once I attach a deadline on a crafty item, it's like it becomes 'work' and not 'fun'. I also start to obsess about not making the due date, and I can't sleep, and I get this glazed look on my face, and I wander around aimlessly, not remembering my name, and I forget where I live, and... Well, maybe the last part is a bit of an exaggeration... but I still don't like deadlines on something that's supposed to be my stress relief.

This is why I don't post a Goal List each month. (But I do enjoy reading others' lists) My goal would always the same: To get done whatever I get done this month. And I always accomplish it, so my list would be really, really boring...

That's why I like this KAL. It's totally open and on going. I work on my socks (using Cascade Fixation - which I have a lot), and whenever they're done, I post it and my contractual committment is over. I can do that!

Cascade

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That KAL is a perfect fit for you! Have fun. :)

Friday, July 07, 2006 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

I, like you, don't really list goals, etc. Maybe being on deadlines for the fair has made finishing WORK (for me) as you stated in your post. I did purchase a datebook/organizer at the dollar store & made a list of my WIPs & WTF & that kind of list. Not sure I use it as often as needed.

I'm looking forward to some fun stitching after the children are back in class.

I'd love to knit a small bag. I bought some hand-spun yarn about 6 years ago & still haven't started. I'm not a very good knitter - my oldest son learned last year in HS & I started looking around my craftie stuff for him. When I came across the yarn & needles, I set them aside for a rainy day.

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home