Singular Stitches: Really, really out of practice

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Really, really out of practice

After the Knitted Sweater Disaster of November of '05 (made my first real sweater and hated how it looked on me), I decided to dust off those needles and try my hand at a smaller knitted apparel project.

I must be out of practice! I was sitting out on the deck this morning, knitting along, and had to take a break. Wow, do I feel it in my upper arms! Knitting, for upper arm toning, who knew??

I just began it last night. It's started at the neckline and worked down (in rounds). I'm still just working on the yoke area, not quite down to beginning the sleeves.

Project info:
Pattern: Picovoli from Grumperina
Yarn: Lion Brand Microspun in Mango
Needles: US #5 Addi Turbos (slippery little suckers!)
Started: June 30, 2006
Completed:

PICT0436

Yes, I have my family showing up tomorrow for our July Fourth Cookout, and what do I do? Sit out on the deck and knit!


Check out the surprise waiting when I opened the blinds in the family room today! How cool is that??

PICT0440


OK, couldn't help it, but as I was typing this entry into Blogger, Abner was keeping me company, purring away, so I had to include a picture of such kitty cuteitude. Sorry, couldn't help it! :o)

PICT0445

Ooooh! And I almost forgot! Today was mail-out day for Group 3's RR (my first RR!) over at Renee's Robin's Nest (how appropriate is that with what I found in my tree today! hee hee!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

The robins nesting under our deck flew the nest last weekend! It's been such fun watching the little darlins'. :D

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Good luck with the knitting!

Monday, July 03, 2006 1:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO cool! I love that you were able to get a picture of the feeding. We have several nests around our house this year, as they have found a way into our guarded gutters and seem to think it's the best place to nest. :\

Friday, July 07, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Abner is a total cutie pie. btw, we have EIGHT new kittens -- want one to keep Abner company LOL!!

Just when I tell my 3 children "no more pets, I mean it" the stray cat from last Summer hatches a litter. She was dropped off & we tried for several months just to touch her or take her to the vet. No such luck. Until she got pregnant, then she started letting us pet her & shelter her in our garage. Go figure.

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home