Singular Stitches: Pre-emptive Stitching

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pre-emptive Stitching

Whew! Last week just flew by, but even though the work week (for me & DH, at least) was Thursday and Friday, it still felt like a whole week. I blinked and it's now July 11th!

I also want to thank all of you who left the positive comments about my 40 and Fit by 40 project. All that positive energy is exactly what I need! (Now, if anyone knows how to update the ticker, and can share that little tidbit with me, I'll be all set...)

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Cross Stitch Rotation to bring you, direct from Canada, Wendy's RR!!!!

If you remember from a previous episode, I was working on Snapperville. That was, until I received Wendy's RR (at The Robin's Nest) to work on. I'm really excited, because it's been ages since I've done a Prairie Schooler. Snapperville? What Snapperville?

She chose the very cool Country Seasons as her RR piece, from which I opted to work on Summer (am I in season, or what?).

PICT0449

Here's what it will look like when all the x's have been crossed...

PICT0450


I have been sharing my cross stitch time with some knitting. My Fixation anklet is coming along nicely, and in no time, I should have 5 green toes...

PICT0448

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your piece for Wendy's RR is off to a roaring start and will be gorgeous when finished. LOVE the sock, too! I will muster the courage someday to try some socks... :)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

The RR piece will be lovely.

Just came to say thanks for you lovely comment on my scrapbooking layouts on my blog. It was greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

That RR will be lovely!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow- you're doing great on the RR. I almost feel like I'm peeking on a Christmas present! Lovely socks you are making too!

And how great to make a fitness commitment. I, too, really need to shed more than just a few lbs. My daughter says once she moves back home, she and I are going to start an exercise program together. So with her help, I hope to be able to get back on track!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Summer looks very pretty. That piece will be gorgeous when it's finished. I like your green socks too. Such a fun colour.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home