Singular Stitches: A Happy Dance for Wendy

Monday, August 14, 2006

A Happy Dance for Wendy

Stayin' alive! Stayin' alive! Ah, ha, ha, ha. Stayin' alive!

Got a little into the dancing there. Betcha you'll have that song in your head all day long! I will! :o)

Anyways, I finished up Wendy's RR piece to Series 3 of Dark Shadows this weekend.

PICT0556
If you click on the picture, it will display much clearer.

They really should have given Barnabas more Vampire attitude. I guess when I think Vampire, I think Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Gary Oldman. They were arrogant and in control, and of course, came after Barnabas.

To give you a taste of how much a B-movie feeling this show has, Barnabas was delivering some lines in anger, and a fly landed on his forehead! LOL! But to his credit, he continued on as if nothing happened. It kind of took the wind out of the dramatic situation. When we watch, we look for all the shadows of the microphone, people running behind the sets, people running into the camera, set lights that are turned on and shine in one of the actor's faces, etc. Maybe this is just how live TV was back then. It would make a good drinking game: take a drink every time someone flubs a line or see something that shouldn't be there. The problem is, after a few episodes, no one would be conscious!

Besides the really bad scripts, confusing plots, and flubbed lines, there's a charm to it that keeps us tuned in. The cool thing is that we're just about to start Series 4, and there are 24 series! It's always a let down to me to get into a series and not long after, it comes to an end.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great job on Wendy's RR. Love the swan in the foreground!

Now off to hum more ABBA in my cubicle:)

Monday, August 14, 2006 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow - it looks fantastic! Thank you so much for stitching on my RR, Lynn. I can't wait to see it in person now. And also thanks for fixing my chart slip-ups too!

Monday, August 14, 2006 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. Not only will I have that song in my head, but images of John Travolta and the white polyester suit keep flashing through also. Thanks, thanks a lot! LOL :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work on Wendy's RR! Congrats on the finish. :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Carto said...

Hey Sweetie

Guess what arrived today? Your lovely parcel!! Thank you so so much for the additional surprise of pampering delights - they smell gorgeous!! I didn't know that you sold that sort of stuff, it's fab!! How long have you been doing that? I can see myself buying some more from you - the range is very aptly titled, as I've not stopped smiling since taking my shower this evening. And the handmade cards are beautiful. Fudge sends a big MEOW to Itchey and Abner, as he loves his card too! I too have a surprise for you which will be winging it's way to you this weekend (but it's not as spectacular), but I think somehow you'll like it! Thanks again for making my day, you're a fab gal!! xxxx

Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

I love the RR piece, it is so beautiful. Is Dark Shadows a british show? I have been a long time fan of Dr. Who; my dad and I used to watch it every night when I was little. I still love to watch the old ones, especially with Tom Baker. The sets are so cheesey but I love it. Ann.

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

No, Dark Shadows is from the US.

I have fond memories of Dr. Who. When DH and I first started dating in college, he would come down (we lived in the same dorm building) and I'd watch it with him on my TV (I always kidded him that he dated me for my colored TV! LOL!)

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home