Singular Stitches: Stitchy goodness...

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Stitchy goodness...

Last Sunday evening, I started cleaning out the closets in my sewing room. (I clean when I'm nervous. All the hoopla with my car problems and investigating a new car...in about two hours, I had about four white trash bags of stuff I'll never use and isn't good enough to give to some poor sap anyone) Anyways, I also came across some cross stitch I did back in the late 90's.


These are some Welcomes I did. I didn't initial or date them, but I would think late 90's maybe 2000. Not sure where the houses design came from, but I think the sheep one was from a Homespun Elegance booklet.

PICT0533


I can't remember the name of this design, either. I think I bought it while out of town on business. It was initialed and is dated '96. I do remember the Simon & Garfunkel song, Scaraborough Fair, going through my head while working on it. :o)

PICT0534


We did go out and investigate cars today. So, we're on the home stretch and I should be back in crafty mode very soon. (We like the '07 Camry) In fact, the weather is so gorgeous this weekend (oh, the lucky brides today! :o), that I might just take my stitching out on the deck with a cold one.

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I love the welcome that's in the houses. Now are going to get these finished in some manner? Don't let them go back in the closet, they are too pretty.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I remember the one with the houses. I don't remember the name of the designer though. I think somewhere in "MY" closet there probably is that booklet. LOL

Nice work ...I too hope they get to see the world. :-)

Ohhhhh...a Camry ...very nice. What color are you thinking of getting?

Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenna said...

Look at all of that beautiful work going to waste. Make sure you do something with them now that you found them again. :)

My mom swears by her Camry. She buys them new and runs them until they won't run anymore. It's been 15 years and she's only on her second one, so I think it's working out quite well!

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home