Singular Stitches: Stitchy goodness...

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Stitchy goodness...

Last Sunday evening, I started cleaning out the closets in my sewing room. (I clean when I'm nervous. All the hoopla with my car problems and investigating a new car...in about two hours, I had about four white trash bags of stuff I'll never use and isn't good enough to give to some poor sap anyone) Anyways, I also came across some cross stitch I did back in the late 90's.


These are some Welcomes I did. I didn't initial or date them, but I would think late 90's maybe 2000. Not sure where the houses design came from, but I think the sheep one was from a Homespun Elegance booklet.

PICT0533


I can't remember the name of this design, either. I think I bought it while out of town on business. It was initialed and is dated '96. I do remember the Simon & Garfunkel song, Scaraborough Fair, going through my head while working on it. :o)

PICT0534


We did go out and investigate cars today. So, we're on the home stretch and I should be back in crafty mode very soon. (We like the '07 Camry) In fact, the weather is so gorgeous this weekend (oh, the lucky brides today! :o), that I might just take my stitching out on the deck with a cold one.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all of that beautiful work going to waste. Make sure you do something with them now that you found them again. :)

My mom swears by her Camry. She buys them new and runs them until they won't run anymore. It's been 15 years and she's only on her second one, so I think it's working out quite well!

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home