Singular Stitches: *Insert Highly Witty Title Here*

Sunday, August 20, 2006

*Insert Highly Witty Title Here*

It's Sunday evening, and I'm just not coming up with some witty, smart title for tonight's entry. So sue me! :o)


Dark Shadows came in the mail yesterday, and so to the 10 episodes on the DVD, here is my progress on Spring Samplers, Design 1/3:

PICT0601

I did finish what I had hoped to. I also did a little on the B block (bottom right) and added the little blue flowers in the big open section.


Onto Car News: Close, but no Camry.

We went to the dealership last Thursday to pick out my new Camry. We decided on Barcelona Red, with Bisque fabric interior, and the floormats package (Just try and find a Camry without the $199 floormats package. $199 floormats, are they crazy??). Well, the one we picked out *just* came off the truck and hadn't been safety inspected yet (didn't even have the mirrors), so we couldn't take it out for a drive and play with all the accessories to make sure that the one we were going to take home didn't have any obvious defects.

That's when we hit the snag.

We didn't want to sign anything until we did our own test of the car. We were really surprised at how bent out of shape the salesperson got. He told us that we could change our minds even if we did sign on the line, and told us we were calling him a liar because we still didn't feel comfortable signing right then. Then he told us that we could lose the car because they could sell it to someone else. (They aren't making more?) We planned to go back the next day to finalize the deal, and left without signing.

DH and I went home and soul searched the whole car replacement situation and decided to explore fixing my car and if that's not feasible, we'd look for a less expensive, smaller car that DH wouldn't really drive (he's a big guy). We commute together to and from work, so we'd either be leaving a 2007 Camry or a 2000 F150 truck in the garage each day. I feel so much better with this decision, because we really just needed the car for the two days a week that I'll be going to classes this fall. (That Camry was really nice, though :o)

I know I'm getting older, because I equate big purchases to money I could be putting into retirement. New, fancy car or retire earlier? My parents are just beside themselves with glee that their eldest daughter has finally embraced practicality. Use it up, wear it out, make it do...


Ricky, you got a stay of execution... :o)
PICT0530

9 Comments:

Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on your SAT piece!

Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:01:00 PM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

Spring Samplers looks very pretty. I love your scrapbook cat pages too. I got into the stampin' up stuff but I never got addicted. It is fun though. Ann.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a lovely piece! The colours are gorgeous.

Monday, August 21, 2006 3:35:00 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Great progress on your spring sampler

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart move, girl! Besides, it sounds like you can now tell that Toyota salesman where he can stick the paperwork. ;)

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Spring Sampler is coming along beautifully! I do love PS - any and all of them.

And it sounds like you are very happy with your car decision. That sales person lost himself a good sale with his strong arm approach. Its amazing the kinds of lines some people think will work.

Monday, August 21, 2006 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger LivnLaf said...

I hate car salesman(sorry if I'm offending the ONE nice one who might be reading this)...they are trained to do whatever it takes to get a signature because they know it's easier to back out before the paperwork is signed. Creeps.
Good for you for not giving in to his pressure.

Monday, August 21, 2006 5:00:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

I agree with Red - good for you for not giving in; and for making a very wise financial/practical decision.

Thinking of a good title for a post is very often a daunting task!

I'm really liking this Spring Sampler - it's so pretty. :D

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

Your spring sampler is coming along great - and it feels good to have been the inspiration!

Don't you just HATE pushy car salesmen? Ick. You definitely made the right car choice!

Sandy

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home