Singular Stitches: Kitty Scraps

Friday, August 18, 2006

Kitty Scraps

I was abducted by The Scrapbook Cult in the very early 2000's. It happened quite suddenly, and I don't exactly know how it happened. There was a faction in the area passing itself off as a retail store selling paper products. Little did I know it was Scrapbook Paper and what that meant.

My first love is the really intricate, detailed, embellished but not overdone pages (particularly like those in the Stampin' Up! catalog) that take at least 3 hours to do (and that doesn't necessarily include design time). Each page is a craft project in itelf.

I've also done the minimalist Creative Memories pages to protect my childhood photos. It's nice and it gets the job done.

The urge to scrapbook comes and goes for me. I guess if I had kids, and planned to give them their scrapbooks when they got older, I might do it more regularly. The bug has been biting again and I think that when the weather gets a little cooler and things calm down after kids go back to school, I'll have to call to order the next meeting of The Scrapbook Cult and invite the neighborhood scrappers over to my "Kid-Free Zone" for some serious scrapbooking.

When I took my first scrapbook class, I used, what else, kitty photos. Those first pages helped to begin the Puddy Scrapbook. Yes, the kitties have their own scrapbook, and I'm sure I'll need at least 3 or 4 more books if I were to scrapbook a portion of the ten-gazillion digital photos we have of them. The following are just a sample.


I love The Cat Who books and since Itchey loves to stretch out on her back (like roadkill) in warm weather, DH calls her 'The Cat Who Died A Lot'. It took me forever to make copies of my Cat Who book covers to get enough letters to use as a template. And the white lines around her are supposed to look like the lines police put around the dead body in crime shows.

PICT0568


Abner loves the lazy life, and is very good at sleeping. This was my foray into templates.

PICT0569

6 Comments:

Blogger Bastet said...

I also enjoy the Cat Who series. My female plays dead rabbit pretty good. That and she keeps trying to get someone to rub her belly so she can nip the offender.

Friday, August 18, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww... how cute!

Friday, August 18, 2006 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What great pages:)

Friday, August 18, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

I wish I have time to do a scrapbook for Plume too...
Those are great pages!

Saturday, August 19, 2006 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger Von said...

I'm so behind on my photos I couldn't even think of scrapbooking them. But I have done some for the kids when they were small and enjoyed it very much. Now I'm more apt to do cards. It's just another fun way to play with color, texture, and composition!! Enjoy!

How's the negotiations on the Camry?

Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel Leigh Smith said...

The cats pages are cute! My mom sells CM. She thinks I spend too much time stitching and not enough time scrapbooking, lol.

Monday, August 21, 2006 1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home